Sunday, December 18, 2005

Emily's runaway imagination

So my friend Emily (she's the one who went to Louisiana to help w/Hurricane Katrina efforts w/the Red Cross) has been so excited about my Christmas present. I mean, jumping up and down, so I thought I'm going to have to open it now so she get the glee of the look on my face.

Are you ready? Get ready.

She gave me...an Easy Bake Oven!! And mix for two recipes. When I went up to visit her back in October, I must have mentioned at one time that an Easy Bake Oven was something I always put on my Christmas list but never got.

What did I get her? A map to Louisiana (so she knows she has my blessing if she goes back, which she is dying to do), a journal to write in, and a Frog and Toad book.

Emily laughed. She said "What age is our friendship if I give you an Easy Bake Oven and you give me Frog and Toad?" Well, hey, I'm in my third childhood, I don't want to ever grow up!!

I did leave it in the car overnight though--this garret is full of getting ready for Christmas--I'm not ready to set up my Easy Bake Oven yet. She cracks me up! It is so much fun to have friends. For awhile, I thought she and I were goners, but we weathered the storm, and I imagine I can put her in the friends for life category.

It's 9:41 and you know what, I think I'll go to bed....to make up for the deficit from yesterday...although I had a 2 hr nap this afternoon--but I gotta do MOPS tomorrow, so I should be rested for those running around kids. At nursery today, you could tell the kids were getting the stress vibe from their parents--two of our steady always happy pre-toddlers were clingy--I carried Amelia around for at least ten minutes. "Do you want to get down?" "No." She just wanted the attention, so I gave it to her. Kids, they just want to be loved.

G'nite.

No comments: