Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Firsts, Lasts and stuff

A bunch of firsts:

First Best Friend: Julianna in Kindergarden. We were going to go to NYC and be ballerinas. Our favorite color: Pink, of course!
First Kiss: In a dark auditorium my senior year of high school. Started a doomed quasi-relationship with a guy who was “dating” 5 other girls.
First Screen Name: The city where I lived, my gender, and my age at the time. First Pet: Two goldfish, Guitar and Vacuum cleaner. Vacuum cleaner ate all the food so Guitar died first. They lasted less than six mos., I’m thinking.
First Piercing: Ears at 13 at a booth at Tysons’s Corner Mall. First Crush: Troy Zepeda. I was in 3rd grade, he was in 6th? I almost disowned my best friend when she ratted me out—I found out the day before she moved to China. I watched a black and white movie on TV and heard John Lennon’s Imagine that day. I have since always hated that song.
First CD: The Chieftains Bells of Dublin. Purchased for me by a friend who thought I owned a CD player.
First Car: Maroon Lancer. I totaled it within a month, right after discovering I’d have to replace the radiator.

7 Lasts.

Last Alcoholic Beverage: cherry soda and rum.
Last Car Ride: today, to work, weaving in and out of traffic to make it to work by one pm.
Last Kiss: Do I have to answer that?
Last Movie Seen: Narnia: the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe: ADORED IT!!!
Last Phone Call: From another library, wondering if we had a particular book. No, it hasn’t been out since last summer, so we think it’s missing.
Last CD Played: Dive 3, a CD of worship music by the chapel at Hope College, where my brother graduated from last year.

6 Have You Evers.

Have You Ever Dated One Of Your Best Friends: No.
Have You Ever Broken the Law: Define break the law.
Have You Ever Been Arrested: No.
Have You Ever Skinny Dipped: No.
Have You Ever Been in love: Yes.

5 Things.

5 Things You're Wearing: Ring with three amber stones, khaki’s from Old Navy, new lavender sweater (Christmas from mom: Liz Claiborne, new!!), two earrings.
5 ThingsYou Did Yesterday: Had lunch with an old friend; had a good discussion with my mom; rode the DC Metro; flew from DC to Pgh; took a really long nap.
5 Things You Can't Live Without: Music, Laughter, Hope, Books, and Oxygen. (This reminds me of GK Chesterton’s answer to what books he’d want on a desert island: boatmaking manuals and an atlas!)
5 Places You've Been: Warsaw, Poland, Orebro, Sweden, Butte, Montana, Niagara Falls (both US and Canadian sides), Belem du Para, Brazil.

4 things I like to eat: (cause I can make up categories)
Pizza, Pies (especially Pumpkin and Lemon Merengue), Ice Cream, and Popcorn.

3 People You Can Tell *Almost* Anything To (in no particular order).

1. Susan Fry
2. Babelbabe
3. Lilly

2 Choices.

1. Black or White: Black.
2. Hot or Cold: Cold.

One thing: I'm watching it right now: the Santa Clause 2. Right about now, Santa is falling for the principal, hmmm....

2 comments:

blackbird said...

I am going to grab this...
watch for it.

Sarah Louise said...

ooh--i will. so did you like the lamp when you commented on it? I've actually had two more lighting issues (no light in the bathroom or stairwell) since then. I think I'm going to Target today to get a new lamp.