Saturday, December 31, 2005

New year's resolutions...

In 2006, I resolve to be more creative, more organized, and stuff. I've decided I don't want to leave my lovely garret, but that means I have to embrace it and that means changing a few things.

  • A space for doing puzzles
  • A space for crafting
  • more bookshelves
  • deciding about where I'm going to sleep--the TV room or the kitchen
  • being organized enough that I can entertain

Other things I want to do in 2006:

  • join a health club
  • get my finances organized
  • start walking in the mornings again
  • get basic cable (so I can watch abc and cbs, upn and the wb!)

Things on tap for 2006

  • a writing class at the UP (but I have to sign up, silly!)
  • a trip to Baaa-ston and then Susan and hopefully some Maine friends
  • THE WINTER OLYMPICS!!

Things I want to buy in 2006:

  • A DVD player

Things I will buy in 2006, without even trying:

  • books
  • milk
  • haircuts

So, to these ends, I went upstairs and browsed for ten minutes. I got a video called You can do it! Decorating (which could be a real dog); The New Apartment Book; One Room Living; The Nook Book; and Breaking the Rules. (Yes, the last one is also a decorating book.)

I think I want a new shower curtain--my current one, though lovely, is almost 8 years old.

I'm thinking a trip to Office Depot on the way home might not be a bad idea....I definately need cheese for my quiche (one for tonight's potluck, one for tomorrow's gathering). LOL--I know you don't get cheese at OD, I'm just writing stream of consciousness, silly!

"May I have your attention please, the library will close in thirty minutes!"

4 comments:

blackbird said...

happy happy!

I hope you will share some pictures of your decorating...

Joke said...

Happy 2006, Ess Ell.

Anonymous said...

A trip to.... Susan. Ahahahaha Ahahaha.

(smile)

I saw a can of brown bread today. It's too soon to buy it - but I know where to get it!

Sarah Louise said...

Woo hoo!!