Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It's too late...baby

Warning: this is ordinary living stuff. If you want links, move on!

Post title refers to a Carole King song, gotta love her. My dad got me the Living Room Concerts 2 disc set for my birthday.

Uhhhhh. So I worked until 9:30pm, had a half hour lunch, so I acrued an hour of comp time today! Last year I didn't work the full year so I didn't accrue all the vacation so this year it's been playing catch up with sick leave and vacation days and all that...it sucks working every Saturday until forever but when I have a Saturday off I am so bored...life is always always greener on the other side. Always!!!

There is this beautific gorgeous house by my bank--Christmas lights we're talking--the whole house must be covered in lights--I swear it glows. It is so beautifull!! Take Siebert off McKnight, you'll see it on the left.

Tomorrow (in 15 minutes it will be today--yikes!) I'll be hosting a table with brownies and information about volunteering for MOPS at the college fellowship at Bellefield. A wonderful woman in my Bible study is baking the brownies--bless her heart!!

So I've been paying off my credit cards with the money from my Grandma's house...geesh it goes fast!! My mom wants a report every time I pay. I need to get her off my back but more importantly, I need to know where the money has gone...so Babelbabe got me this really cute address book for my birthday, it's pink (of course) and has a band to keep it closed. I don't need another address book, but it is just too cute!! So...I have transformed its use from address book to reciept book--just like the heroine in Enchanted April, I am going to start writing down every time I spend money. And I have the cutest little book to use!! Thanks BB!! I think the best part (aside from its cuteness and its pinkness) is the band, which keeps it shut, holding in reciepts until I can staple them in.

I've been sleeping in my bed, an improvement over the couch except that my sheets are so cold when I first get in that it takes forever to get warm. I need a bed warmer--didn't they use hot bricks in the Caddie Woodlawn/Laura Ingalls days? Tonight I may revert to the couch and think about covering (must I?) the skylight with cellophane. It will still be clear, it won't obscure the view the skylight offers, and it may mean my bed is warmer at night...

Okay, this has gone on long enough. It is already tomorrow (or today) Wednesday.

I'm hungry...

2 comments:

Joke said...

I love Enchanted April, and not just 'cause I am an idiot Italophile. I also have a crush on Miranda Richardson. Don't get me started on how Joan Plowright got ROOKED at the Oscars that year. That was the last time I watched the Oscars, come to think of it.

-J.

BabelBabe said...

SL, when I finally get around to posting my virtual Christmas gifts - is it too early? - keep in mind that I picked this stuff BEFORE i read this post. I am so good!

well, except for Joke' svirtual gift - the second one.