Monday, December 05, 2005

This post brought to you in delayed time, due to a DSL outage

Last night I went to a party. The hostess is a woman I've know a few years from a Bible Study we were in together. She also goes to the Open Door. She employed the e-vite to get us all to come, a electronic invitation that until this time I thought vapid. Perhaps it was the people who used it before that I didn't like--because it was winsome ? or something, getting an email every couple of days saying, you still haven't responded. Finally I registered as a "maybe." It was a Scottish "Meet and Ale" party, and so the designations for maybe and no said, I may be a wanker, I am a wanker. It was inventive and fun, much like she is. When I broke my tailbone, she sent me an electronic card. For my birthday, she sent me an electronic card. She is a treasure of a friend.

There were people I'd hoped to see at the party, and they weren't there, but there were people I hadn't even ever met and people I liked and knew but hadn't realized would be there. So it was a good surprise all around. I only stayed a few hours, but it was nice when people said "Oh you're leaving?" I *was* exhausted. I came home and fell asleep to my sister's birthday gift to me, "Love, Actually" on DVD. I awoke at 1 am (a blessing, as I'd forgotten my pain meds) to the annoying singsong of the DVD front menu song.

Sex and the City is now playing at a TV near you! They've taken "Just Shoot Me!" off the Saturday at 6pm slot (a slot I enjoyed watching the past 4 years) (I miss that show...I loved the theme song...) (And the show grew on me...) So Carrie now inhabits my imagination, I find myself thinking about her relationship with Big as I do dishes, as I brush my teeth. When I get a DVD player, I'll take a weekend off and watch them all--thank goodness for libraries.

Playing on the radio right now: When you wish upon a star...I love Disney, despite everything.

I need a new name for this blog. I want pink in the name somewhere, since it is so "me," but I feel I've outgrown my first name (pink sneakers and pocket books) and the new name (if pink is the new black...) is too long.

Here are a few I've thought of: Bread and Roses; Pink Stars; Pink Candles...

I love the idea of dancing. I love dancing, period. I'm not crazy about slow dancing or cheek to cheek with strangers, which keeps me from swing dancing or salsa, though I have friends that invite me often. I often think of the dancing at my wedding and have toyed with what song I'd choose for the first dance as Mr. and Mrs. X. A few I've toyed with:
May I have this dance for the rest of my life, will you be my partner, every night?
Save the last dance for me (you may dance with...but remember who's taking you home...)

When I daydream like this, especially in my blog, I think, I must be ostracizing any male readers and I must be "Crazy" (as in Patsy Cline). Alas, this is me, Sarah Louise, fanciful and daydreamy...

Maybe I should call Verizon and see if we can get this Internet connection working again...(this is being composed in Notepad) Something in me says, but it's Sunday!!

So I'll go...groom. I'm still on the fence about joining Babelbabe and company at St. Andrew's, although the snow has dampened that a bit, especially with my injury...Yes, the snow has blanketed the roads and the cars...

Swinging with Sinatra is on the radio. I think I need to change the station or put on a CD. I don't mind Sinatra in small doses, but a whole hour can put me in a stupor.

Going now, really.

See, I'm gone...

Really!

Bye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about; Pink Writing Ink, (I know..you aren't really writing in pink or using ink..) Ponderings in Pink, Think in Pink or Pink Pizzazz?
I am so glad you are enjoying your present and that you are watching 'Sex and the City'. I love it!

Joke said...

I like the name. Keep it.

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

name this blog or pink sneakers and pocket books?

ztdojunu: zany terrycloth don't juno?

Joke said...

You can whittle it down to "Pink Sneakers" and that will be fine by me. I meant to say I liked the name by which I came to know it.

-J.