Saturday, December 10, 2005

have yourself a merry little christmas...

First off, somehow my computer thought all I wanted to do was publish the title of this post.

I've been having bad dreams for weeks now.

I've been oversleeping for weeks now.

I do not have a wallet I like, I've been packing bags because of the snow (I thought I might have to overnight-it in the North Hills Thursday night so I packed an overnight bag) so my pills are wrong, my money is all over my purse and I've misplaced my debit card for the 2nd time this week. On Babelbabe's blog, we've been debating over whether one should shop based on politics (two posts, here and here) (Target apparently won't force their pharmacists to dispense emergency contraception, see Planned Parenthood link here.)

I have been sleeping on the couch coz it's warmer (b/c my bed is below the skylight which is not weatherproofed and I do not have flannel sheets)and I'm not addicted to sleeping pills but I am addicted to "You've Got Mail" and the TV is by the couch, ergo...

I've been fielding calls like "I lost my CPR card on the copier an hour ago" and people whose cards were doing wierd things. Frustrated with the system, I forgave $4.80 in fines. Merry Christmas--it made *me* feel better.

I'm currently awaiting my library director's news on whether she thinks I can go to Boston to the Public Library Association Conference in March. I know finding housing this late will be a BEAR!!!

Tonight will be filled with: (multiple choice) getting a wallet at Target (do I really want to go to a store? It's almost Christmas!!); going to Pep Boys before I go to my car guru's garage to change my oil; and going to a Christmas concert by This Side of Eve. I love Christmas but I'll be glad when it's over because frankly I just want to go home and read a book!!!

Earlier in Tech Services, we were oohing and ahhing over the new I spy Twas the night before christmas and but were frustrated when we couldn't find 3 ducks in a row.

My car looks like someone took it baking: It is smudgy with white instead of mostly red. Also, I am "illegally" parked vis a vis employee rules because it took a little longer at Wendy's because (see above) I couldn't find my debit card.

It's 2 pm and I just realized that Wendy's bag on my desk is my side salad! Wonder if it's warm yet (ick ick ick)--I'll have to go to the kitchen for a fork!!!

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now on our troubles will be out of sight
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the yuletide gay
From now on our troubles will be far away
Once again as in olden days
Happy golden days of yore
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more
Through the years we all will be together
If the fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now

I love this song because it allows that life isn't perfect, even at Christmas we might have troubles.

But when oh when will I hear Dominick the Donkey?

Coming soon: show and tell of the artistic masterpieces at my parent's house, and a picture of my sister's bunny, whose name I will indubitably mispell.

7 comments:

blackbird said...

okay, a few things for me to address.
I cannot really change where I shop for politics, there are things I need at Target and I am going to hafta continue going there -- but I would not let my boys join the boyscouts, okay?
Next - I think I am going to have to trawl your archives...sleeping on the couch? no wallet? what's up with this stuff?
Finally, thank you so much for Have Yourself A Merry...I am having a rough day.
Hopefully you'll hear Dominick soon.

Sarah Louise said...

In retrospect, if you don't know me, it does sound a little stark. Sleeping on the couch: I have two rooms in my apartment. One has a new air conditioner and smaller windows. I spent the summer in there, with the TV and the computer, so as to conserve energy. I did move back to my bed for awhile but when I broke my tailbone, don't ask me why, I preferred the couch. Also, the front room having more windows, also gets colder.

The wallet thing is more complicated. I switch purses often--it's a little quirk of mine. So last time I switched purses, for whatever reason, I decided that I didn't have a wallet that worked with the purse. So I put my cards and money loose in a larger zippered bag inside my purse.

I went to Target after work and got a 10 dollar wallet which I imediately put to use. I have just come home (work, Target, change oil, dinner from Whole Foods, concert at my church) and of course, my debit card was in my coat pocket, where it should have been (cause you don't leave your card in the gas pump machines, you put it wherever you can before you get back in the car) (oh, in Pennsylvania it's unlawful to sit in your car while pumping, even if it is 9 degrees Fahrenheit.)

(Joke, I don't care--I love winter. really, I do. If it weren't for the tailbone, I'd be out there making snow angels and snowmen with the best of them)

Sarah Louise said...

Regarding letters to God, this post was one--crying out to the Creator to get me out of my plain jane existence back into the sunshine. Spending time with my friend Ben who changes my oil, eating Whole Foods "hot bar" food before the concert, and spending time with friends at the concert was a true blessing. Grazi Abba!!

Joke said...

I won't let my kids joing the Boy Scouts, because my politics will not allow me, in good conscience, to have anything to do with camping.

-J.

Joke said...

P.S. If you let me know whereish in Boston, I may be able to find cheap-o lodging. Also good (and cheap!) eats.

-Joke, who loves Boston

Joke said...

Geez...the Boy Scouts are taking it on the chin with us 3.

-J.

BabelBabe said...

my boys will not join the boy scouts either. because their popcorn isn't any good anymore. and they don't sell cookies.


well, and the whole homosexual thing, but really it's the cookies.