Friday, December 16, 2005

This is where I wish it wasn't "newest post first"--Show and Tell Pt 2

Well, these aren't in any order. These are the "also-rans" in the "favorite ornament category."



When I got my tree (it used to belong to my Grandma) my mom mailed me a box of ornaments. Some of them are just familiar cause they've always been on the tree, and some, like the ones in this post, bring up certain memories. This bird is one of many, and it reminds me of a song on a Christmas album where birds are singing.


My mom made this for me. She's the one who doesn't tell stories in the family, so that's all I can say. It's at least 30 years old.
Does anyone else have one like this? My mom loved making things with crayon shavings--this is a plastic cup with crayon shavings, cooked in the oven. I vaguely remember making it when I was 4 or 5.


My memory card was filling up, so I put two in one picture: the "tree pillow" is one I bought and used as a dollhouse Christmas tree. The sparkly thing--I have no clue, but isn't it fun?


I don't know anything about this one either (did you notice the theme color is red?) but I think it's one of a set of two? I like it because it's foreign looking.

I'm trying to figure out the best/easiest way to upload images and well, there just isn't one. So that's why this is two posts, because I didn't want to have to move images around.

Okay, who was it that forgot to mention I might have up to 3 USB terminals on the back of my computer? and that I can keep my camera cord plugged in at all times??? (Then plug in the camera when needed.) It must have been a man.

It takes forever for these images to upload!!

2 comments:

blackbird said...

I like that pillow tree best...
is it embroidered?

Sarah Louise said...

Umm, it's sewed on...I don't know enough to know what would be considered embroidery, but I think it's definately machine generated stitching.