Thursday, December 22, 2005

Show n tell--my coat and my lamp!

Now, I realize coat was what was asked for, but Joke broke the rules last week and this is just the funniest thing I've done all week, I had to share it w'yinz. First off, isn't it a great coat? I got it at the Red White and Blue (a thrift shop) down on Rte 51 for $7 over 10 years ago. It has a MTM new satin lining and the pockets are huge--they fit my hat, gloves, cell phone, keys, a small rodent....you get the idea.

Now for the lamp. Whilst I was on the phone with Emily, I discovered that my lamp had come unbalanced. Somehow, the pole was disconnected from the base. So, florist that I sometimes am, I thought, what I need is a bucket and something to fill in the space. Librarian that I am, I had books. The pole is being balanced by a part of my vacuum cleaner. So hey, it's a little bit of "necessity is the mother of invention." I'm rather proud, thoughI think I'll be getting a new lamp soon.





I spy: can you name any of the books pictured?

AND AND AND: on the way home I finally heard Dominick!! AND Susie Snowflake.

AND: My friend Sally gave me my birthday gift, a lovely cross-stitch ballerina and my Christmas gift (Gift Certificates to go to the movies!) See, Christmas wishes do come true. Tomorrow Emily and I are having lunch--I think I might suggest Chinese!

No comments: