Thursday, September 01, 2005

Restless

I've lost this post twice already due to technical difficulties. It is after midnight, and therefore a new month. I wrote about angst, and quoted from my common book, where I keep quotes from books I like. I raged about wanting to publish a novella I've been tweaking since college but wondering if I dared, knowing there are critics that would say it wasn't "Christian" enough (this, after having a conversation with an acquaintance over the fact that though JK Rowling claims to be a Christian, her characters don't go to church.) (Lewis and Tolkein sidestepped this by creating completely fantastical worlds, goody for them.)

I raged about having a librarian exterior but a Valentine red heart beneath, wondering if anyone besides dear old Dad will send me red roses on my birthday.

I remenisced about the last boy who thought me pretty enough to buy me dinner and walk through Annapolis in the rain...and how his steadiness reminded me of God's transcendence.

I shared many quotes, including these few:

Ultimately, we know that on the other side of every fear there is an answer. --Anon.

Too tired for company, you seek solitude you are too tired to fill. --Dag Hammerskold, Markings.

I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with. --Neil Simon

All great art comes from a sense of outrage. --Glenn Close

A sense of outrage...I'm getting close to that.

No comments: