Monday, August 29, 2005

The Open Door Swings East

Since my return to civilization (ha ha), ie a place where I can access my blog, I have been waking up and doing google searches, checking email, blogging, instead of getting up, going for my walk, going on with my day. Well, is two days a routine? Because I did go for my walk on Saturday, and I did not blog. And today I didn't check my email. It may be raining outside...everyone is afraid of the effects of Katrina. I know someone named Katrina, so it makes me laugh, to think people would be afraid of her effects.

I had a conversation yesterday about Google, and about rankings. Neil Gaiman, author of the Sandman graphic novels, is the first Neil (i.e. if you type in "Neil" in Google, his is the first listing). I couldn't remember Gaiman's last name, so I interrupted another friend and said, [friend's name], what is the guy who writes Sandman's last name? It was a great librarian moment, using my wiles to get to the source of the information as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry, this is going to be a pretty lame posting. I want to get out and take my walk. Overnight, my hormones have changed again, and this melancholy I've been feeling could easily overtake my morning and turn it into another love lorn morning at the computer. Ack Ack Ack.

Stay tuned for my "paper blogging" from last week.

If you don't "get" the title, it's the slogan for the Open Door's move from Bellefield to the Union Project. (From Oakland to the East End.) I am not ready to write about it, but I thought it was a pretty good title for a posting. The title is a click-able link. (A trick I got from Babelbabe.)

I'll say this in closing: as love lorn as I feel lately, I have great friends, and a pretty cool life. Time for my walk!!

No comments: