Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Happy 50 Posts!!


Well, I've done it. I've clicked and put a photo on my blog! Before you know it, I'll have a picture with my profile. (Well, I'll have to scan the image first...) But for me, this is very exciting! This picture is of me with one of my favorite author/illustrators, Kevin Henkes (pronounced like hankies). When I worked for Barnes & Noble, I sometimes took home the promo stand-ups, like the one in the picture, for Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse. Kevin signed the stand-up on the purse. (Can you imagine me, in the dead of winter, carrying this cardboard stand up into the lecture hall, sitting with it, and then standing in line with my friends to have him sign it? It was a sight to see!) Somewhere I have a picture of him signing it. This was a picture taken by the promo lady for the lecture series, which is called Read, Black and White (or something like that...) and features children's authors and illustrators on Saturday mornings. Peter Sis is coming this year--I have to make sure I'm not working that morning!!

Hurrah!

1 comment:

marlaena said...

I meant to tell you that Blogger made posting pictures very easy a few months ago - it's a great addition.

what lengths for an autograph!