Sunday, September 04, 2005

Walking and Friends

Just finished leaving a comment about his posting on Friendship on John's blog, and it occurred to me that I had a favor I hadn't returned to a friend. So here it is: (mostly verbatim because I figure why not? and I don't have time to edit, as I have to go eat breakfast and other things)

from my friend Susan Fry:

HEY !


Put this on your blog link



Hi

How ya doin


I am not one to send "letters of request" so to speak but that's really what this is....

I need a personal favor.

This is a big one but so easy to do.......


Tell everybody you know......

about Mark J Cundy, "The World Walker"

Please don't sigh and delete. Really. This is a good thing that wouldn't take much energy. A few minutes to spread the word... make a phone call perhaps...

Maybe you know somebody that could REALLY help this guy out.........

Go to
www.worldwalker.co.uk

for the details.

My story........

My sister met him in California. She lives in Fontana CA. He stayed with her for 3 nights.


My plan is to meet him in New York. How cool is that for him... to have met the Fry sisters from coast to coast. LOL!
How cool is that for ME where I am a cancer survivor. He walks for ME.


My request of you.........

Who do you know that lives along his walking route?
Do YOU live along his walking route?
Can you give him a bed for the night? Some food to eat? A shower?
Can you contact the local media to get the word out?
Who do you know that knows somebody that knows somebody that can get the word out???
Who do you know that lives along his route.

If you were to be a host you might do this....

My sister picked him up in town A
He stayed with her family for the night.
She brought him back to town A
He walked and walked and walked til he got to town B ( about 7 hours of walking )
She picked him up in town B and brought him back to her house where he stayed the night.
Morning - she brought him back to town B
He walked and walked and walked to town C
She picked him up in town C
He stayed the night.
She brought him back to town C in the morning.

He has a schedule at his website. You ( or whomever you know ) does not need to live IN the town .. as long as he starts/stops at same general point to keep on the path... where he beds down for the night does not need to be in the same town.


People like me.......People like you........ can help him out.

Spread the word.

Tell EVERYBODY.

Who do you know?
What can you do?

I need a favor.
Can you spread the word?

Susan

No comments: