Thursday, October 13, 2005

Your Love is teaching me how to kneel

u2 is coming!!! And I have tickets with my sibs!! There was a whole period where my sister's friend hadn't paid up and we thought she'd bailed, but hallelujah, she's coming. So now I need to clean my apartment (anyone have a backhoe?).

So I fell asleep in front of PBS again--this has got to stop. I had dreams about the young Einstein, as a clerk in Switzerland. E=mc*2 was a part of my dreams. Bizzarro. I watched "Arthur" the show about the young aardvark at 7:30. Then I dozed (sans TV) until (omigosh it's what time?) ten a.m. Luckily, today is one of my late days--I don't have to leave the house for another hour. So Oswald Chambers today (I wonder if it's online--oooh, lemme see if I can find a link) was like a neon billboard. Hello, Sarah Louise, this is your life!! Btw, can I say, I love the web--so much out there. Because I thought I wanted to go to seminary (I don't anymore) (at least not right now) and I know I will eventually write children's books but not right now--I need to be an adult, my whole life is women and children. (So everyone's like oooh, wouldn't it be cool if you wrote a children's book?) (Wait about ten years, I need to write my novel first.)

I talked to my friend Emily who is helping out in Louisiana with the Red Cross. We're talking, and even though when I woke up I was a little disoriented and feeling vulnerable, talking to her about last night (see last post) I felt so much better. So I sort of feel like I AM TIRED OF EVERYONE TELLING ME I'M WELL-ADJUSTED!! I am not a TV, (ie you adjust a TV) and yes, I am dealing with this particular trial (my life in all its rainbow colors) in a healthy manner, but that doesn't make it "all better." It still stinks that I'm tending sheep (like Moses was). But, whatever.....

So I got that out....time to go do something (or maybe just go read everyone else's blog...)

Ta!

Oh a poem:

Never doubt but one friend hears the music of your soul. --Wang Wei

5 comments:

Joke said...

Just a short note to say I seriously love the blog. BUT...why are your sneakers--in the picture, anyway--red?

-Joke

Sarah Louise said...

The sneakers are fuschia and so the photo looks red. I promise, they are pink. Maybe I'll update with my latest pair, which are more bubble gum pink. Glad you love the blog...I'm kind of attached to it myself.

Joke said...

FWIW, I have a pair of Pepto-Bismol pink Chucks I wore eons ago--these would be my wilderness years--when I was in a band. I love 'em to death and I try notto wear them too much since I want to keep them around as long as humanly possible.

Sarah Louise said...

what is fwiw?

Joke said...

FWIW = For What It's Worth.

HTH,

-J.