Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy Columbus Day!!

Ellen Degeneres, one of my heroes (heroines?) made my day today, when she called up some guy from Minnesota, whose name happened to be Christopher Columbus, to wish him a Happy Columbus day. I wonder if he even knows who she is, but when she asked him to name his boat after her (his boat had no name!) he considered it. It made me think of Garrison Keillor and good old Lake Wobegon.

New things: I have added a ton of new blogs (not a literal ton) to my "blogroll." It was fun messing around with the html--I need a book or something though--I did create my own website once upon a time, straight html, no editors like wonderful blogger. I'll have to find it--now that I have this blog and all this webspace....that was 4 years ago, in library school. Wow. Time flies, whether or not you're having fun...but I mostly believe in having fun.

Also, my mom visited my blog yesterday. She said she thought it was very "21st century." Thanks Mom!

This is the first day in 7 that I haven't had to show up for something paid. I have to go to the dentist to get fitted for a crown--why not a tiara? I always wanted a tiara. There's a book... that came out my last year working for good old Fox books (I mean Barnes and Noble). Anyways, it feels so wierd not having a place to go until 2--I have tons I have to do, including a bippity boppity boo clean up of my apartment--the sibs are coming to see U2 in 2 weeks and my apartment looks like Pakistan, or Hurricane Rita, or Hurricane K. (Except all my stuff is here, there is no actual rubble or water.)

So I'm still in my jammies...at 12:27. I may go to the movies...after the dentist, but really, I have errands...making a list helps...

More friendship quotes: "A cup of tea together will make us glad and a little friendship is no small matter." --Japanese Folk Song.

No comments: