Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday Surfing

Well, as you know, (or not), there is a controversy over the "pinkness" of this blog. I am choosing to ignore that controversy at the moment as I feel there is enough pink to go around. If some people are nice to me, I may publish a picture of me wearing pink, but I do not respond well to hostile comments.

Went to the Sold Out U2 concert last night (oh yeah). The last two songs of the encore were the highlight for me: They did "Yahweh" from How to dismantle... and "How Long (Psalm 40)," which I didn't know was a U2 song. We sing both of these at the OD. Maybe later I'll write more, but right now I'm a bit sleep deprived and I may have a cold.

So, this is your blog PSA (Public Service Announcement) via my friend in Boston, Susan Fry. (not a pseud.):
Do you have an email address and internet access? Are you 18 or older?
The kids at Peter Fitzpatrick Elementary School in Pepperell, MA need your help.
The school participates in the Box Tops for Education program. Along with collecting box tops, worth 10 cents each, from participating products such as General Mills cereals, Pillsbury crescent rolls, Betty Crocker Cookie mixes, and Ziplock products, just to name a few; the kids are trying to earn bonus box tops through the GM online Booster club program.
Each new member that signs up to support Peter Fitzpatrick Elementary school, earns 10 bonus box tops for the school. That's $1.00 for every new booster club member.
It takes only a few minutes to go online at
www.boxtops4education.com to become a Booster Club member. It is FREE to join. You can track the school's progress throughout the year, there are coupons available to print, and there are kid friendly areas such as the Cheerios Reading Room. Most of all, with only a few minutes of your time and a few clicks of the mouse, you would be helping the kids towards their goal of $5,000 or 50,000 box tops.
Just go to
www.boxtops4education.com
Click on the "Sign Up for the Box Tops Booster Club" link
Fill out the brief registration page.
You will receive a confirmation email right away. Be sure to confirm your membership through this email for Peter Fitzpatrick Elementary to earn the bonus.


sfsdfsd

sfsdfsdfsdfdsfsdsfsfsfsdfsdfsdfsdfsd

Okay, that was me playing with the italics. They are screwed up, but I finally fixed them.

So surfing. Susan also gave me a link to a super funny blog, Defective Yeti. I have enclosed at least two hysterical posts for your reading enjoyment. (They're currently the most recent posts, but anyways, it's my blog, I get to link it how I want to!)

Thursday morning before my doctor appt, I surfed for an hour. How do you know you've surfed long enough? When the item you started on (for me, an article in BlogBuzz on spam in blogs) shows up, as you've meandered through the Internet. I mean, I was clicking on links, going to Colorado, all over the blogosphere, and bam, there's a reference to Blogger's attack on spam. Yeah, time to go home. But here are some fun things I found:

  • Neilson's top 10 for Bloggers: Neilson is this guy who does usability for web sites, etc. A library list serv I subscribe to will post one or two messages a week that are of interest to me. But Neilson's list will spawn many many responses and it's like having your own bulliten board in your email account, which can be boring (if it's about xml or government databases) or slightly interesting (when they start slamming Neilson.)
  • This blog apparently goes against #4 on N's top 10. I thought it was funny, but don't have furthur commentary on it today.
  • This looked intriguing. What the heck is a camera toss? (Converse among yourselves.)
  • Don't remember what this blog/link is. But hey, I thought it worthy enough to save in a notepad document, so maybe it's the next great blog.
  • And this:

    YOU ARE AUDREY HEPBURN
    WORSHIP! You're inner Bombshell is the beautiful
    Audrey Hepburn. Like her you've been blessed
    with a "certain something" that no
    one could describe accurately. You are more
    reserved than other bombshells, and that shows
    in your gentle, graceful nature. You like doing
    things for other people and love volunteering
    for your favorite charity. Yours is a rare gift
    in this day and age. You don't need to show a
    lot of skin to be sexy, all you need is your
    eyes. To see Audrey at the top of her game
    watch the movie "Breakfast at
    Tiffanys".


    Who is your inner bombshell?
    brought to you by Quizilla

Which is kind of funny, since I hated "Breakfast at Tiffanys." Ah well, is she in Roman Holiday? I'll rent that. Here's an Audrey site that has music. I also abhored "My Fair Lady": some musicals should stay on Broadway, not go to to Hollywood.

Well, I think that does it for now...I have to go do all of my Beth Moore homework, since I didn't crack the book all week.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I read Defective Yeti - again. It's still funny. Look around the site. Funny is all over the place.

Surfing is useful. And productive even. Always wear your protective gear. Watch out for sharks.

Anonymous said...

Ummm. Now that I've read further down... the sweater didn't look pink to me. I think that may have been what 'joke' was referring to? And, well, um, ah, I rather thought he was funny. (duck for cover) He needed to say, the pink sweater doesn't look pink. Please show a pink sweater when you say you are wearing a pink sweater. Same goes for hats.
On that note - I'm looking at a 4-year-old girl ( a cuteu cute one ) who happens to have on pink pants and a pink shirt and - hold on a second... yup, just as I thought.. pink underwear too. No I don't have pictures.

Anonymous said...

Oh crap. Maybe our computers are affecting our vision. The sneakers look red.

..scrolling way down ... the Sister does not look red. The sister - ready - here it comes-- OMG I can't believe (OK I can believe ) how strikingly gorgeous you have become. I remember when you were only - hold up hand to belly button ( HA - pretend I have a belly button ) - this tall. I remember the little kid that you were. The little kid that we wanted to be -over there - not with us - because we were teenagers and wanted our privacy (and sometimes teenagers forget to be nice)
Sister! ( we are not saying a name on purpose yes? ) You not only LOOK fabulous but I have it from a good source that you have become a fabulous person and a great friend.

Sarah Louise said...

Okay, in the post re: the sweater, I say "you can't see it" (which you can't). The shirt I'm wearing is not pink, but the cardigan is. The cardigan is not visible in the picture (as I mention.) Anyways...you can refer to sister as E.

nxtxhpl: next, texas hoopla!

Anonymous said...

Hey, even I hardly know what my blog is about.

;)

Joke said...

I know it couldn't have been my comment(s) because mine were impassioned, not hostile.

I feel teased by the mention of teh pinkness, but the payoff so far are sweaters that can't be seen and sneakers that show up as red.

I'm a HUGE fan of pink. How many men do you know who'd pop serious coin for a custom pink shirt?

Pinkly,

-Joke

Sarah Louise said...

Joke,

but did you not enjoy my pink litany at the end of the AIB post? I made that expressly for you and you never mentioned it! That and the dizzzing of Vincent D'O were actually felt more hostile than the "pink" comments. I'm sorry my scanner sucks. Coming soon: Pink is the new black t-shirt. But I make no promises for my scanner, which will probably render it white.

zaqiggfcw: who writes these? Zack is gregarious, friendly and cowardly...I don't know. Babelbabe, I sense a post coming on this topic, I might steal your thunder.

Joke said...

SL,

1- The pink litany seemed like taunting. "I have all this pinkness and I'm not showing any!"

2- The fact V. D'O is totaly deranged, has nothing t do with AIB being a stellar film.

I now rejoin this blackout, already in progress.

-J.