Saturday, October 01, 2005

Gardens

Gardens are great...I hope to get one someday, but for now I wander in the community gardens at the end of my street. They remind me of the community gardens in Warsaw, Poland, where my parents lived for three years at the end of the Communist era. I can't hop a plane to walk the streets of Warsaw, but I can walk down my street and visit the gardens.

Fall is coming...I don't have a favorite season coz I like them all, but I like Fall for all its beginnings: schools, activities, sports.

Here at the library, we have scarecrows and witches all around...and upcoming, the staff pumpkin decorating contest!

Great Kids book of the week: Moon Runner, about a girl who doesn't think she likes sports, discovers she loves to run, has to compete against one of her friends who is used to winning all the time. There are a lot of fun literary twists in here, like the use of the moon and the use of the project the girls are working on about tree frogs. I love kids books because they are short but pack so much in there!

The library is very busy this morning--another fall thing--all summer on Saturdays it was dead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

24 JUne 2007 (even tide)


A study of Sun Rays (Crespuscular)

Running to find the end of the rainbow.

Running to find that shaft glory--to be bathed in light.

Bearing the soul to the divine.

Seeking rest, surcease and cleansing all at once.

Faith like a waterfall--full, abundant and never ceasing.





25 June 2007



Faith like a dream.

Steadfast like a rock among the rapids.






Quickly before the moment has passed

Look into the water and see the gathering malestrom in the deep.








Faith like a million droplets in a summer storm.



Take delight in the rain.

Move and have your being in it.


"Be still and know that I am God."






26 June 2007


Clouds on glass.