So I'm in need of some liturgy--our OD (with Valley View and Fourth Presbyterians too) Maunday Thursday service was great, but liturgical it was NOT!!! Back in the day, Tenebrae was my favorite service...it was like 7 readings and after each reading, more candles got blown out, until the sanctuary was dark. It was a tangible way to participate in the suffering. What we had was a celebration and food. (Which was great, but not what I needed.)
I need Jesus, is what I need--I mean, is this a consumer society or what? (My church service didn't feed me, wahh!!)
So I have lit all the candles I own, and I have my copy of Walter Wangerin's Ragman, which I'll read from after I write this blog entry and then I'll blow out the candles.
SO, LiSt Friday is top 10 Hobby supplies.
- Magazines (I used to do only folders with magazines and contact paper)
- colored paper (construction, scraps, wrapping paper...)
- buttons (next week I'll post a picture of the purse I made in Massachusetts)
- scissors (that should be #1--my mom tells stories of how as a child I could sit in a corner with just paper and scissors and be happy for HOURS)
- colored pens (I like the jelly ones)
- a person that is getting the craft I make (I generally make stuff for people or on occasions, not just because...) (and sometimes that person is me, but it's b/c something cool or horrible has happened.)
- contact paper
- folders, envelopes, cards...
- hole punch