Thursday, April 27, 2006

Chick-lit farms? Is that for like for gum or what?

"There are now chick lit factory farms where endless eggs are laid in novels about clever, funny women getting a) hammered, b) pregnant and c) dumped before discovering that men come and go but the love of female friends is eternal. And so on and so on." link to article in the Australian by Stephen Matchett.

I have an interest in chick-lit. No, an obsession. Anyways, about 2 or 3 years ago, when I was a bit more naive than I am now (yes, really) I was going to start a web-store where I sold chick-lit. Part of my research was a daily "Google alert" for the phrase "chick lit." I have since (mostly) given up the idea of riches on the internet (I refuse to put ads on Pink Sneakers, I delete those "get rich emails" but I still, somewhere have a kernel of "oh wouldn't it be fun...") but I never stopped the Google alerts. Good thing. Because people love to make fun of chick-lit, and I find gems like the one listed above. Read the article, it's actually about how Dan Brown and Richard Nixon were brothers and smuggled drugs for the Queen when she was in Australia for the Commonwealth games...or was that Princess Diana? Everyone's favorite, JRRT is also featured.

And yes, chick lit, chick-lit, and chicklit all are correct spellings!!

No comments: