Thursday, April 20, 2006

It's not easy being green... (Kermit the Frog)


This is my Easter dress. I think my future as a self-portrait photographer needs a lot of work...

I picked this out of focus picture over the other out of focus pictures (well, I had five, but there were two that I liked) because it didn't show my dirty dishes. Yes, I am photo-crop challenged. I used to be able to crop a photo and now I cannot figure it out to save my life.

I am hungry, because I have put off breakfast--I told Babelbabe I'd call her if I couldn't figure it out (never having done the full length mirror deal before).

A little more text: the church I attend meets Sunday evenings. Everyone wears jeans. I am a girl. I like dressing up, at least once in a blue moon. I saw this as my CHANCE. I took it. I flew with it. You might say, I passed with flying colors...

So:

Dress, Liz Claiborne, made in Honduras, found at Goodwill, 15 minutes before I was supposed to be at prayer meeting: $13.99
Tights, found at Kaufmann's at the end of the season, Hue: $2.99
Shoes, "got them at Payless": $3.00

Getting tons of compliments Easter morning: Priceless.

******

Thursday Show-and-Tell, courtesy of Blackbird.

8 comments:

blackbird said...

so so so pretty --

and the tights matching the dress?
many many points for that.

BabelBabe said...

Pretty dress, great color - but I am sooo taking you shoe-shopping. Let's go. Oh, or wear your little dark flats with the itsy strap across the front.

BabelBabe said...

wait? are those your floral sneaker-y ones? Hard to tell. I should say that's what they looked like to me. If they're different shoes, I apologize profusely. It's hard to see...

MsCellania said...

WOW! You found Hue tights to match your dress?! That accounts for the long-leggy look. Very chic, tres chic!

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Yes, bb is the mamma to us all, I think. I had dipped a tentative toe into this blogging world, and got some cajones after reading SLV and all her links.

I truly have 52 first cousins in Pittsburgh PA. Some lived on Bellaire, some lived on University, some in Mt. Lebanon. I can't remember where the rest of them live. I barely know all their names! I LOVE Pittsburgh. In the 80's we went to a disco called Heaven and danced the night away.

We rented the Elks (Moose, Masons?) lodge/park and had a family reunion 25 years ago. It was a gas. The party lasted 2 days. Many, many fond memories of summers in PA, humidity and all.

Sarah Louise said...

V-

Actually, I had the tights weeks before I had the dress. And yes, I adore Pgh. You should come visit!

BB--what, you don't like my shoes? Everyone loves my shoes! (Yes, they are the floral sneaker-y ones.) But a shopping trip with vous? I dare not turn that down...

lazy cow said...

You look so tall and have such long legs. Pretty dress - my legs are nowhere near good enough to wear something like that.

lazy cow said...

You look so tall and have such long legs. Pretty dress - my legs are nowhere near good enough to wear something like that.

Joke said...

I must ditto the legginess. Legginess is a good thing.

-J.