Thursday, July 20, 2006

The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make 6 decisions just to buy 1 cup of coffee

Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.
Joe Fox: [exits]
Next customer in line: Tall decaf cappucino.

(From my favorite movie, You've Got Mail)

So, I thought I had some cool pictures--oh, those were pictures I had to take...they were the pics of my latest stuff at the thrift store. Okay, so hold on, I have a mess of pix downloading. They're of the stuffies that are playing model for me as I plan the Stuffed Animal Sleepover. (It's such a genius idea and while I take no credit for imagining it up, I will take tons of credit once it is done. I'm doing a poster session on it in November at the Pennsylvania Library Association conference.)

It's going to be more work than I had originally thought, but it will be SO COOL.

Looking up a book. (Paddington Bear by Michael Bond.) And yes, this is my desk in the Children's dept.
This is my favorite shot, as it shows all the stuffies faces. A good one for the scrapbook (more on this later...)
Sleeping in the stacks...
Listening to a story (it's about a moose)

*****

Here's a picture of the Thrift Shop Babs and I went to on the day she forgot her car registration.



Here's a picture of...

Humpty Dumpty at Isaly's in Westview. (It's the only Isaly's still in operation.)
This picture needs no caption...
More pix of Isaly's...
Isaly's is a famous Pittsburgh dairy destination. The link is a Wikipedia article. How I love the Internet!!

My two new dresses. The one on the right was half off (of 4.99--how I love Goodwill!!) The one on the left is Eddie Bauer. Mayhap I'll wear it to work...
Oh look, it's a Cingular ad!
New purse--4.99!!

Okay, I have more pix, but I have other things to do this morning (like, um, pack for the weekend to Virginia...) Yes, procrastination, thy name is Sarah Louise...

6 comments:

blackbird said...

LOVE the chicken.
And the Cingular ad...

have a great trip!

Sarah Louise said...

I love the chicken too. I thought the Cingular ad would make you smile. (GRIN!)

And who is checking blogs instead of packing? I do know what bag I'm using...and I've transferred my stuff into my new purse...

Amy A. said...

Great pictures! I wish I would have found that little red bag. Super cute.

Eileen said...

:o) I figured out a site-meter now... super easy - thanks for telling me about it last night!

MsCellania said...

I hope all the chilluns appreciate how gtreat you are, SL.

Truly.

Nothin' new on my site. I've lost my cord to get photos off camera and on computer. *sigh* And I don't seem to have much to say, anyway.

Caro said...

Cute purse.

I love all the little stuffies hanging around together.

That's what they do when I'm asleep. I knew it!