Tuesday, July 04, 2006

It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other.

(John Adams)

Well, it's a rainy day in da Burgh. So far I know two parents that have/are taking their children to see the movie Cars. I think I'll go see Superman. Gina liked it. And what with the weather today, I imagine the theatre will be packed, so I won't be missing "the fam" as much. I haven't talked to Bird (my dearest sister) for like a week!

My dad sent me a very cool article on 10 days that changed American history. I have to figure out how the NYT treats blogging--in terms of copyright, etc.

****

Elapsed time: 30 minutes. What did I come up with? Nada! Well, two things. I emailed a guy at the NYT who seems to be aggregating blogs and also found this is on the page of "Most Blogged Articles": "Articles most frequently linked to by bloggers on the Web." So I think I can link to the article.

Except now I'm exhausted from all that web-searching that I need a nap...

4 comments:

Paula said...

Enjoy your movie. D is working tonight and the boys are doing their own thing so I will be on my own too. Holidays are always weird around here because of D's schedule, we'll all do something together tomorrow, if everything and everyone cooperates. It's always a crap shoot!

Happy Fourth!

Sarah Louise said...

Everything and everyone are not cooperating here--or I'd have the fam with me in da Burgh!! But the 'rents might go see Superman, so then we can talk about it later as if we went together...

When I called my mom this morning, I tried to keep her on as long as possible.

Sarah Louise said...

Yeah, don't go to that movie alone. You're on the edge of your seat the entire time. Ugh. (Yes, it was very good.)

Joke said...

I like John Adams.

That is all.

-J.

P.S. Thou kicketh arse as a Good Samaritan!