Wednesday, July 12, 2006

News from libraryland...

It's Wednesday, the day I get my "American Libraries" email. I get [LIS News] email daily. Here are a few tidbits:

Librariangear.com is going out of business. I had never heard of them (their sister site, accountantgear.com is also going out of business.) I love the NLA tshirt in royal blue, but at $18.00, I'm not ready to commit, even if they will soon be extinct. (But yins are welcome to get one for me--I wear size medium.)

There's a new library blog in Australia, called librariesinteract.info. From their "about" page: "This is a collaborative blog for Australian libraryland. You do not have to be Australian, a librarian or a blogger to contribute, but your posts do need to be non-commercial and relevant to the scope of the blog." KEWL!

TechEssence.info has a good article on tagging (No, not the game where some one is it.) I have been trying to get someone to teach me how to use deli.cio.us for almost a year. I suppose I'll have to teach myself. (In all my spare time...)

And the latest gossip here is how to get out of the Wendy's parking lot now that part of it has been cordoned off due to a recent sale of the adjoining property. I haven't decided what to do about my hair (I like being able to put a pencil through my hair--it's a librarian's right! but I agree with Babs that it looks really cute when the wisps come out, such that maybe I'll chop most of it off...maybe I'll post pictures and have y'all vote...) (Or maybe not...)

I really need a walk like that one I had the other day. I feel exhausted burned out and "I don't want to work I just want to bang on the drums"-ish. (Hence the blogging...)

Maybe I will take a walk. It's a misty day here in da Burgh--a few links from the Post-Gazette: the rain held out so that the All Star Game was rain-free aside from a few drops at the end. And our mayor has brain cancer...

Oh, sack it all. I am going for a walk around the building. The cobwebs in my brain are multiplying. And when I come back...MUSIC!

3 comments:

Paula said...

I vote Yes for pictures! I like pictures of everyone but myself.

Deep breaths and fresh air will clear those cob webs, that and a big cuppa coffee.

Katy said...

Do you speak of the Wendy's on Baum Blvd? Just north of Shadyside, on the way to Bloomfield and Friendship? That is an impossible parking lot to deal with if the larger, apparently-not-for-Wendy's lot is unavailable. Good luck with that.

Sarah Louise said...

No, the Wendy's on Rt 19 in McCandless Twp. Apparently the building that housed the Italian restaurant that moved to West View has been purchased by Applebees. We were hoping for Red Robin, but you can't have it all...

I never go to the Wendy's on Baum anymore. For about 3 mos (longer?) my driver side (drivethru window side!) window was incapacitated. I've heard it's the 2nd busiest Wendy's in the nation...but that could be hearsay.

This Wendy's update has been brought to you by...