Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I like to go rock scrambling.

(Moira Kelly)

Also-rans for the enviable "rock quote" were the Google Finance page on the Buffalo firm, Gibraltor and a Tad Hunter quote about Rock Hudson. The title is clickable. Still working on getting the underline-y thing so that you KNOW the title is clickable.

I saw this rock outside one of my favorite galleries in Fort Ligonier. Isn't it lovely?


This rock is imbedded in the walls of the National Cathedral in Washington. It is a rock from Mt. Sinai. There are a lot of foriegn rocks imbedded in the walls of the National Cathedral. Did you know that's where Helen Keller and Anne Sullivan are buried? Downstairs in the crypt!


Show and Tell, courtesy of the lovely Blackbird.

Waiting for the images to download...

My parents are in town, on their way to a wedding in Michigan of folks they went to college with.

Ach! Downloaded one wrong picture!

We went to dinner at a former Catholic Church that is now a Brewery and Restaurant. It's called The Church Brew Works and is on Liberty Avenue. When I worked downtown, the bus passed it daily, so I saw it being transformed from vacant church to thriving restaurant. Their logos are a little tongue in cheek: on the water glasses, "And on the eighth day, man made beer." The food was fabulous!! I did not have beer, since I imbibed two Coronas this afternoon due to blinding cramps. (Tylenol is my only pain recourse and it doesn't really work for cramps.)

So, luckily, my parents have a key to my apartment and let themselves in, since I was sound asleep when they arrived. I hope to return to that state in the next half hour.

Oh, and if the text at the top is doing that disappearing thing, just run your mouse over the area and it's like magic. Because there *is* text above the first photo. Gotta love Blogger.

And I do!

9 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

Because you know, now that I *don't* work downtown, the bus changed its route!

blackbird said...

Napping and cramps - oh my.

Enjoy the rocks today dear!

BabelBabe said...

My father-in-law was an altar boy at that church when it was a church. And I am partial to their salmon cream pasta.

Paula said...

My limit is 1 corona.

Try a hot water bottle for those cramps. So mucn better that a heating pad!

Sarah Louise said...

PJ,

Ah yes, but a water bottle is not portable once one has to return to work.

Babs,

I had the Polenta/Eggplant Napolean. Yum.

SL

Paula said...

Sure it is, while your behind your desk;)

Anonymous said...

awesome! i was here and all that! nice rocks.

Paula said...

Hey, about the text disappearing thing? You probably already know this, but in case you missed it; I've noticed it only happens on the pink templates. Must be a code error or something.

Sarah Louise said...

...only happens on pink templates? wha? good to know.

and jess, thanks for stopping by.