Thursday, February 22, 2007

(Untitled)

So, armed with directions, no Kleenex box (why? where is my always-in-the-car box??), I went to visit the woman I hoped would be my next therapist.

I even broke down in tears. I think it's a mix of this darn cold, the stress of the search, and probably the beginning of PMS. A fine combination, lemme tell ya!!

Well, here's the thing. She was wonderful, but. Summer is my crisis time and she and her husband travel at least three weeks in the summer. And her back-up person no longer can take UPMC insurance. So...she gave me the names of some fine folks. Whom I'll try to call tomorrow.

In other news, one of my co-workers is about to become a grandma, any minute now! Everyone is pregnant. This is how it happens in my life. All my friends get pregnant at the same time. So I know someone in Maryland, Australia, several people at church, and a co-worker (not the about to become a grandma). So CONGRATULATIONS!! Woo hoo, n'at.

I need a nap, or something that looks like one...

And I love my boss! I just called her to find out if today was Karen' s last last day (it is!--a volunteer that has been with us 26 years at the library and the party was today and I'm not going to make it in. She and her family are moving to Rhode Island. She's the dearest woman. Around 40, she has developmental disabilities, so she is more like a ten year old, but she has been shelving picture books forever, and I don't get to say goodbye!! We will all miss her. She peeked in yesterday while I was doing Mother Goose. Apparently my co-workers forged my name on the card for her. )

Anyways, I also told my boss about the unsucess with the therapist and she just mother henned me--you're under a lot of stress, you have a cold, take your time, breathe deep, warm liquids.

I am bedraggled but not beaten down. This too shall pass. Time to refill the vaporizor and queue up another video...

3 comments:

Amy A. said...

What a bummer about the therapist. And the kleenex.

Hope your cold is over soon.

KitchenKiki said...

I don't know if this is of any help/interest, but I go through Diakon Lutheran Family Life Services. They recommended a very nice woman to me, and they are income based sliding scale rather than insurance. I don't think the organization I go through reaches that far west, but they may have a sister organization. It is nice that it is a Christian based organization, but not preachy.

Good Luck on your search!

Badger said...

Gah! The therapist/doctor search is SO freakin' frustrating. We just had our first visit with a new one (#2 for the boy, #3 for the girl) and I'm not sure I love him but I am SO TIRED OF LOOKING. And I hate to switch the kids AGAIN, you know?

Oy. I hope you find someone soon. Big hugs to you!