Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Just call me "Sneezy."

Okay, it's no fun taking your temperature and having to sneeze while the thermometer is still in your mouth. Or waking up to discover that your comforter is soaking because it spent the night on top of your vaporizor. I do not have a fever but I feel wretched. My throat feels like I swallowed razors. The nurse at the Eckerd Take Care place wouldn't even give me a strep test.

I spent the past half hour over at 50 books where I must have left seven comments.

This is a blog thing that Katy just did. I didn't find it as fun, since, well, read the card.


If you see new immune systems for sale, get one for me and I'll pay you back: this is my second cold in February and at least my third cold for 2007.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Oooh yuck, a cold. I am so sorry, SL. I do hope you are better soon. Just think - 50 by the end of the week!! When it does warm up, I hope you're feeling up to a walk and smell the warmth in the air!!

Sarah Louise said...

Thanks!!

KitchenKiki said...

Poor thing! Here are some helpful hints on how to Cure the Common Cold.

Since I have a couple gallons of home-made chicken broth, I'd offer to bring you some Chicken Noodle Soup, but Hubby-poo has the car. And 5 hours is a bit of a haul to bring soup!

And yes, I am practicing my html tagging :)

Paula said...

We alway get new toothbrushes after a cold. It helps a lot.

Sarah Louise said...

I have a new toothbrush at the ready, I have isolated myself, I'm drinking hot liquids--though I can't bring myself to eat the chicken soup I bought at the grocery store last night. (I have soup issues.) (But not always...)

Oh, and I have those really great shower tabs (they add to the steam of the shower.)

Sarah Louise said...

PS Kiki, very good on the HTML tagging. You go!

Anonymous said...

hope you're feeling better soon!!