Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tuesday Blues...

Or maybe not. After all, I've just had my Wendy's dinner: Junior Cheesburger Deluxe and a plain potato, two sour creams, and an iced tea. And I filled my tank (the top half) at $2.14, which is pretty good. It's about 10 degrees Fahrenheit out there.

We did in fact have Women's Bible Study, woo hoo! Which was good, because it was the sort of chapter you really wanted to discuss with others...

Afterwards, I went to lunch at Chili's. A dear friend waitresses there, and I think there is a special place in heaven for waitresses. I was so discombobulated (being with the women at Bible Study sometimes dissolves me to pieces...*) that she basically picked out my lunch for me, bless her! And she kept the decaf coming.

I've been listening to Gilead on CD in my car and so my music choice is only the radio (which is dying a slow death--I can't even get AM Radio) I dare not take the CDs out so as to lose my place... It is a wonderful book, tender, gruff, exhortational, and just plain crazy. An eighty year old preacher who is about to die is writing a book length letter to his now 7 year old son, a letter that he hopes the boy will read when he is older. It is heartbreaking and wonderful--and yes, it won the Pulitzer. I can only take it in doses, before I have to listen to something like "Good Golly Miss Molly" or something bright.

I love my job. I love my apartment. I love Pittsburgh. But I don't have as much as a cat (nor would my garret support such an acquisition.) So I am contemplating whether I should move South of the Mason Dixon Line to be closer to my parents. I'm not moving quickly on this, as it could just be the doldrums of February encroaching on me. (April is NOT the cruelest month--it's most definately February.)

Well, my dinner break is over, so back to work. I have some interesting titles and quotes to share with yinz later.

Keep on keeping on--stay on the sunny side, always on the sunny side of life... (for Kiki, who taught me that song)

*I've been hiding my pain at WBS since September, but today I shared that being not the youngest member anymore but still the only un-married, childless woman is a bit like a being a barren woman at a baby shower. I blubbered. Much Kleenex was used. I got prayed for but I didn't get hugs. I would have liked hugs. (Demanding, aren't I??)

5 comments:

Jess said...

Oh S -

It's a long distance one, but it's the best I can do right now..

consider yourself hugged.

(It's really hard to be away from your family. Almost soul-sucking.)

MsCellania said...

Aw, SL -
I'll give you that hug and a smooch, too.
If you love your job and your home, I'd stay put. I reckon it's 3 years getting comfy in a new place, and another good job?! Scarce!
But I understand the need to be by family. I have never lived further than 2 hours from my parents, and frequently only 10 minutes away.

Amy said...

Oh family is something, isn't it? But you are surrounded by good friends, a church you are very involved with and a great job. It would be a difficult decision.

I sit at church and see all the husbands with their armas around their wives and the row of kids to the left, and I wish that were me. I don't think loneliness is something cured by other people around us, I think it's something we have to cure for ourselves, but loving what we have and realizing God has given us enough. Not an easy one.

HUGS HUGS HUGS from the other side of the state.

Amy A. said...

That makes me mad that you didn't get hugs.

Bless your heart. I hope these cyber hugs are worth a little warmth to you. You are loved!

Sarah Louise said...

Thanks for all the cyberhugs.