Wednesday, February 07, 2007

It's +9 Degrees!! We're having a heat wave, a tropical heatwave!!

Now, of course, I can't get that Carmen Miranda song out of my mind. But these past coupla weeks have felt like Grumpy Old Men (except that Ann-Margret didn't move in next door.)

Show and Tell (I forgot to announce it yesterday) is chickens. Yes, I know we've done them before, but I didn't get to show the oevre of my collection and it will give Paula a chance to just re-post her last one.

Off to prepare for work: today is Mother Goose!!

It's snowing a little here. Last night we got a dusting, so I had to clean off my car for the drive home. I got to Whole Foods right before the "It's 9:45" announcement. I got home at 10:04 and my mother (who doesn't have caller ID) answered, "Hello Sarah Louise." (Well, no, she used my real name, but anyways.)

I love my mama, I truly do. She was fun on the phone--"I'm going to hang up now!" and she didn't. I think playfulness is a very important part of a parent-child relationship, even when the people we're talking about are in their thirty-somethings and sixty-somethings. But whose keeping score? I feel like 25 and she could easily pass for 49.

Okay, enough procrastination...Ciao!

4 comments:

Amy A. said...

It's sweet to have a good relationship with your mommy.

Yay on the heat wave!

KitchenKiki said...

Your Momma is the best! Maybe I should call her for some motherly advice.
I baby-sat today, for the girls that renamed me Kiki, it was much more stressful than it was supposed to be. The baby pulled her elbow of socket & the 6 year old had a tantrum that crossed the line into melt down. I think I'm going back to hanging out with clay!

KitchenKiki said...

ooh look, my picture up loaded! yay. I took the photo at the Phila Zoo with my dear cousin. It was taken in black & white and hand painted, then scanned. It hung on my fridge for a while, but made it up to the office recently.

Sarah Louise said...

Kiki--I remember those swans. It was probably the only visit to the zoo I enjoyed as an adult. I wish you lived closer--how is it we live in the same state and yet so far???

SL