Friday, February 09, 2007

I tried everything to make myself feel better. I even tried writing a song about it... but... I can't think of anything that rhymes with un-hh!!

(Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe Buffay, Friends, Season Nine, "The one with the Memorial Service")

I'm having one of those weeks.

And I learned yesterday the hard way that I need to have a Bible at my desk.

So today, when I flipped it open, it opened to Joshua Chapter 1. It's when Moses is dead and the Israelites have to go into the Promised Land. In verses 6-9, the LORD said to Joshua son of Nun THREE TIMES: Be strong and courageous.

So I'll say it here, because this blog is really more me talking to me than anything else:

Be strong and courageous.
Be strong and very courageous.
Be strong and courageous.

Un-hh......

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you.
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:7)

So I can walk through the knives of my current situation, possibly needing to have these verses pinned to my shirt...

Be strong, all you people of the land, declares the LORD, and work. For I am with you, declares the LORD Almighty...my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear. (Haggai 2:4-5)

Except that this seems my current reality:

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do... (Romans 7:14)

But this is assurance:

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him. (Romans 8:28)

and this one:

If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)

and this one:

Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present or the future, nor any powers, neither height or depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

Our Internet connection was down (on purpose) at work for about a half hour. So I had to use the Dewey books instead of WebDewey to check numbers. But that only used up 5 minutes. Then I spent some time chatting with our intern, Hannah. She's from Seattle, but currently in library school at Pitt.

I'm working on bringing in the OCLC record for the second Superman movie, a 2 DVD set. It is super-annoying.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. (Psalm 23:1)

I have to say at this moment, it is taking every cell in my soul to say, "Yeah, right!"

But I have to cling to the truth, which is that I have a great job, a great apartment, great friends, and I didn't go to bed hungry. Actually, I went to bed stuffed, because we all went to the Sharp Edge after the community meeting. And I still came home and cried my eyes out. But at least the reason had changed...

Oh, and for some reason, my father decided, after years of sending me flowers on Valentine's Day (last year it was forced bulbs) that this year, he'd send me a book. Which I got yesterday. I'm a librarian! I know how to use Amazon! But it is a book he'd given me and then absconded with: Jungle Pilot by Nate Saint (one of the guys that was killed in Ecuador by that tribe of Indians, you know, the whole End of the Spear crew.)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love some of the verses you posted. I know sometimes it is difficult to really believe the words (they seem so amazing, don't they?) but they ARE true, and they will ALWAYS be true!!

Hugs from this side of the state!

KitchenKiki said...

Some times it is easier to read the words than to feel them.
Take some time to really meditate & feel them if you can. If you can't, take some time to remember that you are loved, by God, by your Father (a book, to a librarian?? really! Does he send cookies to the local baker? Yummmmmmmm Cookies, I think I have one more downstairs.)(Sorry for the tangent) Any way, you have many friends that love you, your family, your fabulous Mommma and even strangers that know you only as Sarah Louise.

So I'll send hugs from over here. And the only flowers I can currently afford are virtual, but at least I'll send a cool one:
http://www.passionworks.org/img/pflower_large_full.jpg

Try to find the time to do something today that makes you happy. weather it is eating cookies (which I'm going to do) or having a huge cup of Hot Cocoa or blowing peas in the wind :)
You will get through today, and tomorrow and soon February will be over!

Amy A. said...

I heaved a big sigh for you.

Those are some mighty strong verses.

I'm praying for you.