Saturday, February 03, 2007

Names... (swiped from Jenny)

Thanks Jenny!





I used my real name, not Sarah Louise. My real first name is 25th in popularity for U.S. first names, and 99.9% of people with my first name are girls. Well, Johnny Cash did write that song "A boy named Sue."

My last name, and this will surprise no one that knows it, is 75677th most popular last name. There are about 330 people in the U.S. with my last name. I remember being so grateful when my brother was born, that I didn't have to carry on the family name, though if I publish something before I get married, (or not) I'll use it for publication, as I've been told it's a great name for a kid's writer.

The way I spell my name is not my given name, so there are 0 people in the USA with my name. "While both names you entered were found in our database, neither was common enough to make it likely that someone in the U.S. has that name."

Results on Sarah Louise (Sarah as first name, Louise as last name):

Sarah is 58th in popularity.
There are 2 people in the USA that actually have that first, last name.

Sarah Louise as a first name: no one!! From the FAQs:

  • Around 1 out of every 10 people will have a first name not on the list.

Using the same statistical fallacy this site is known for, that means about 81% of people will have both names on the list. In a mathematical coup our scientists have determined from this information that about 19% of people will have either one or both names missing from the list.

"I think it's important not to take it as a rejection of you personally."
Gabriel Caine -- Diggstown.

This was very entertaining!! Some of you know I have been mired down with a cold the past coupla days. I finally went in to work for a few hours (yes, that's all I lasted, but I got some stuff done, and I think all that activity sponsored my six hour afternoon nap--yay!) Also, I had excellent dreams, in which I had fun with folks I haven't seen/talked to in ages. Although, I was wearing weird shoes...I wonder what that means...

And if you can't see the first image, I can't either. Blogger is just being...Blogger. It says "There is one person with my name in the USA." Which is actually false. There's someone with a doctorate in butterflies or something...I googled it, ages ago!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That site is wrong for me. I happen to know that there are at least 2 people named Colin Ashe living in the Boston area, of which I am one. The other one I tracked down a long time ago, when he was in high school and ran cross country. Now he's a student at Boston University or Boston College - I can't remember which. Anyway, the site is interesting. It turns out that there are 46,495 Colins and 9,479 Ashes. That makes my first name the 818th most popular first name and my last name the 3,843rd most popular last name. I'm not sure how I'm better off knowing this information, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Caro said...

That sounds fun.

I will have to e-mail you my maiden name.

Yours couldn't possibly be worse.

Sarah Louise said...

Caro--

I will take that bet. I have read your email and I will send you one with the last name I'm so ready to unload...

SL

Sarah Louise said...

Oh, the other woman with my actual name lives in HAWAII! So not fair.

(Yes, I just googled it--you have a problem with that?)

Oh, this cold...when will it be gone?

KitchenKiki said...

Look I just created a Blogger Name, are you proud of me?
I haven't looked at how many people have the same name I do, but I know at least one--my Mother-in-Law. That is a little weird!

Since I do know your real name, I'm surprised there is another. Maybe I'll visit her in Hawaii, she must be related!

Sarah Louise said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, kiki! I'm duly impressed--even my own sister hasn't created a blogger name.

I think it would be an excellent reason to go to Hawaii...