Sunday, December 10, 2006

Learning to be me...

A few things:

Like Chandler, I use humor to disfuse situations. You will rarely find me posting about something of deepness without a tidbit at the end that disfuses it.

(That long pause--you didn't notice it?--was me looking for a good Chandler quote. What good is the Internet for if not for quotes from the bestest TV show ever, Friends?)

Okay, here's one:

Rachel: Guess what, GUESS WHAT?
Chandler: The fifth dentist finally caved and now they ALL recommend Trident?

I got it from imdb.com, the librarian's answer to "who was in that movie with that girl from 90210?"

See, I'm doing it again.

Last year at Lent, I had a journal. In the front, I had a quote from Soren Kierkegaard, "And now, with God's help, I shall become myself." I have to interject here that I've still not read any of Kierkegaard's books, I'm still relying on random quotes. Same with Camus. Maybe that should be my New Year's Resolution: to read Kierkegaaard and Camus.

Oh, did I get off track again?

This is one of those "experiment in writing" posts.

And I haven't had breakfast yet...

Well, anyways, tune in tomorrow, when I gather my brain cells once more to bring you the loveliness of my bloggy mind.

Oh here's a tidbit. It wasn't last year at Lent, it was this year. Except that my mind is still tuned to the academic calendar. Oh boy. I need breakfast.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Get thee some coffee!

I don't mind telling you what I do, just not on the blog - (amazingly enough, some people I know read the darned thing, which is strange and wondrous to me)
Tuesdays and Thursdays, I do admin for a real estate office, Wednesdays (now, and after January, Friday) I work as a scheduler for a Home Support Agency. I am also the parish secretary when I can fit it in.

A long answer to a small question, eh? The job I'm very excited about is the Home Support job - I worked there for two years before I had my daughter and have been trying to get back there since.

I just watched the first episode of Friends (for the gazillionth time) today!