Sunday, December 17, 2006

Bite off every one of these fingers, one at a time!

(Joe Pesci in Home Alone, the first one)

Sarah Louise's Favorite Christmas movies:

Home Alone (I have the soundtrack, which is a wonderful Christmas album.)

While You Were Sleeping (when I got the DVD last year from the 'rents, and was gleeful, my sister said, you are such a girl! And your point is? It's a Cinderella story at Christmas...)

This is one of my favorite scenes, thanks to the lovely folks at imdb.com: (It's the scene where Lucy gives her wedding invite to her boss, Jerry)

Jerry: Whom are we marrying?
Lucy: [turns over invitation] Peter Callaghan.
Jerry: The coma guy? Are you insane?
Lucy: Yes, Jerry. I'm insane. I go to work and I sit in a box like a veal. I work every holiday, I go home to a cat and now a rich and handsome man has asked me to marry him and I've said yes. OK. That makes me a total raving lunatic.
Jerry: The wedding is tomorrow!
Lucy: I know it's tomorrow Jerry, but you know what? I even wish it were yesterday. Because that would mean that *today* I would be on my honeymoon, that I would *finally* have a stamp in my passport, and that it would say *Italy* on it.

Love, Actually (my favorite scene is Hugh Grant dancing to Aretha Franklin...)

Almost Famous (yes, it's a Christmas movie--it starts off with the Chipmunks Christmas song, which is why I watched it before lunch.)

The Family Stone (last year's gem. I adore Sarah Jessica Parker. And I don't care what yins bloggers say, I like Luke Wilson, too.)

This year I want to see Unaccompanied Minors and of course, Charlotte's Web.

4 comments:

Amy A. said...

Oh my goodness! I love "While you were Sleeping"!! We always talk about how our potatoes are so creamy. Sad that Peter Boyle died.

It's good to be a girl!

Unknown said...

I love Love Actually! It's one of my favorites.

Sarah Louise said...

Darn those obit writing folks. I had forgotten that's where I knew Peter Boyle from--they only mentioned "I Love Raymond."

I never knew who Guy Lombardo was before watching WYWS.

Yes, it's insomnia (time stamp)Darn cold!

Anonymous said...

i love those movies, i wish i had "while you were sleeping" and "almost famous" on dvd. i can't do "home alone", it's gotta be the omg factor ;-)

btw, i cannot get my sign in blogger addresses to work with replies. it's making me crazy....

sistahe