Saturday, December 30, 2006

My store is closing this week. I own a store. Did I ever tell you that? Probably not. It's a lovely store --

(Meg Ryan as Kathleen Kelly, in You've Got Mail)

My Fox books closed today. I was there when it happened. This is where I would tell you how it was my first bookstore job, how I ended up working for the company for seven years, in three different stores.

But right now I don't feel like writing that post.

What happens when the going gets tough? The tough go shopping. So, I needed shoes and so I went next door to Burlington Coat Factory. I also got a new purse and a hat, which I sort of needed.

And I have dinner in the microwave.

Well, more on that later. I promise. Cause this is the stuff blogs are made of: talking about books and bookstores, and SHOES!

Oh, but here's the good news: Mike, Vince, and Bob all have jobs! They'll be going to Waterworks, Monroeville, and Squirrel Hill, respectively.

No comments: