Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Fa la la la la la la la

Yes, SL is going bonkers. It is quiet here at the library and I'm going bonkers. I haven't been feeling the Christmas thing so much this year and I want to be in the thick of things at Fox Books, helping grandmothers get boxed sets of Harry Potter for their grandchildren...

I did help a lady get some audio books for her daughter, but it is QUIET HERE. I want Christmas music, I want hustle and bustle, I know I am crazy!!

I scored two VHS tapes at the library store this morning: In Love and War (Sandra Bullock plays the nurse Hemingway falls in love with during WWI) and Up Close and Personal (Michelle Pfieffer is a broadcast journalist, also stars Robert Redford.) I also got a fun book for Sis and me to giggle over when I go home--How to be Well Dressed by Joan O'Sullivan. It's from 1963. (I had to use the Roman Numeral Converter to figure out the date...)

How to be well dressed features advice such as: "An umbrella is an umbrella is an umbrella...color is all-important....Pink and most shades of red are beautifying, too, for they make your face reflect their rosy glow." (Their favored color for umbrellas: white.)

2 comments:

weirdbunny said...

oh dear you must be going stir crazy in your libaray at christmas time.

Such a quiet place and I could even hear your christmas excitment through my compuer speakers !!! lol !!!!

Never mind, at least on your way home from work you can walk though the shoppers on their way home too, With all their parcels and bags. Or on your way into work before there's a shopper in sight get to look at all the decorated shop widows without having to fight amongst the shoppers for a glimse of this years artistic creations.

Oh to be in a city amongst the outdoor icerinks and bightly lit tree's!

enjoy your peace, I sure it will be load enough on christmas day!!

In the meantime queitly hum those carols to yourself .... love Julia x

Sarah Louise said...

Oh, if only I worked in the city--but you gave me an idea. Maybe I'll drive downtown this morning (or tomorrow morning--there's still so much to do before I go to my parents).

I used to work downtown and I LOVED IT!