Thursday, December 07, 2006

Friendship, like crime, is a simple matter of means, motive, and opportunity.

(Malcolm Gladwell, in the Foreword to Roger and Sally Horchow's book, The Art of Friendship.)

On my desk:

4 different years of Leisure Arts Presents The Spirit of Christmas. (I'm supposed to figure out if the 20th anniversary edition would be in fact, book 20.)


Brian Wildsmith's Mother Goose (did you know Little Bo Peep has 5 verses?) I'm supposed to change the barcode to a 13 digit barcode as it currently has an 8 digit barcode, which has not been used in this library for two years!!

To check out:

The Art of Friendship (see above)

Peace like a River by Leif Engler (audio, read by Chad Lowe.)

***********

Today is my tenth day in a row. I am so burned out--and Happy Feet was not the diversion I'd hoped (wait for my fortcoming review--do not go willy nilly to the theatre for this flick!)

But a few good things:

Sally R. (the one who used to live downstairs) gave me my birthday/Christmas gift: sugar cubes! Not just any sugar cubes, these have icing on them with pictures of purses, shoes, tea cups...I'll take a picture. I have always thought sugar cubes were so high class and have never purchased them--I squealed with delight.

I ran into Babs while she was running. (Well, I didn't literally run into her.) I backed up, and we talked through my open car door. It was so nice to see her!!

I went to Fox Books and saw an old co-worker, who also volunteers at my library on occasion.

And how could I forget my sumptious meal at Chili's? A friend waitresses there and I try to stop by when I can. I had the Quesadilla Explosion salad and it was the sort of food that made you say thanks the whole time you ate it, it was that good.

And (now it's 10:41 and I've done all sorts of fun things including driving home, looking for black ice all the way. I only skidded a little on the entry to the tunnel that takes you onto the Bloomfield Bridge.) I just added a new blog to the right, Days Go By. (Yes, it's a Talking Heads reference!!!)

4 comments:

Amy A. said...

Mmmm. That salad sounds great.

Sarah Louise said...

Oh, it was. It really was. Plus, I got a side of guacamole and she didn't charge me extra!!!

lazy cow said...

There really is a Fox books?! I just re-watched You got mail, and bawled like a baby.

Sarah Louise said...

Like many things/people in this blog, Fox Books is a pseudonym for large book retailer I used to work for.