Saturday, September 09, 2006

Moondance...

My momma taught me this one. Tonight, driving home after dinner out with Lily (twice in one week--I am digging on this girl time!), the moon was huge and yellow as I drove towards it on the way home. I cut the radio and sang,

"I see the moon and the moon sees me, the moon sees somebody that I want to see.
God bless the moon and God bless me, and God bless the somebody that I want to see."

Babs and I were at Tazza earlier this week and I was telling her about a dream I'd had two nights before, so I started this rhyme:

Not last night, but the night before, twenty-four robbers came knockin' at my door. As I ran out, they ran in, hit me on the head with a rollin' pin.

Which of course, reminds me of this one:

Cinderella, dressed in yella, went upstairs to kiss a fella.
Made a mistake - kissed a snake!
How may doctors did it take?1,2,3,4, ...

It's cool outside, what they call "good sleeping weather" here in da 'Burgh. I think I'll cut the a/c and open the window...

No comments: