Friday, September 22, 2006

It's Fiesta time! (and a bunch of random pictures)

While on vacation with my family, we stopped at lunch at a diner. This was the only picture my family would let me take...all their dishes were Fiesta ware. The pictures on the wall were of old cars from the fifties and there was a signed picture of Fats Domino. (If I got these facts wrong, hopefully Sis will leave a comment...)

When I worked at Fox books dahntahn in the Gimbel's building, the lunch hour was our busiest time. Employee lunches were spaced so that no one had lunch between 11:30 and 1:30. During that time, it was standing room only in the aisles, and two of the popular standing and browsing areas were the house plan books and the collectibles books. This was where I learned about Fiesta ware, because there were books with pictures of dishes and how much they were worth.


I have a soft spot for day lilies. I bought this for a dollar at a yard sale the day my cousin Hannah turned one. She's eight now! It was a road trip just Mom and me. When I lived in my parent's guest room, this picture was one of the main focal pieces. But then my mother redecorated and took it down. I recently brought it to Pittsburgh and relocated it in the foyer.

Another vacation photo. This was taken at Lacawac, a nature reserve. I loved the way the grass came up through the spaces between the stones. Sis, Dad, and my brother are looking at the water bugs. I don't know where my mom was...

These are what I would call "Blackbird pictures." I was at the Weis Markets in Hamlin, PA, and I thought the packaging for these fresh herbs was unlike any I'd ever seen.

I think they're going for a French countryside feel...
The picture for Italian parsley looks very American, and what's the deal with this Tarragon...
and this Tarragon? And did they run out of pictures so they used the same picture, only larger, for Lemon Thyme? And who is this man? Father Thyme?

Alright, if I'm going to get a walk in before work, I gotta boogie. Next week, it's back to Thursday Show and Tell! Woo hoo!

6 comments:

blackbird said...

those are terrific labels...

Paula said...

That blue!

Sarah Louise said...

Y'mean the Fiesta?

Amy A. said...

Thanks for the fun pics!

Caro said...

Father Thyme, ha ha ha. That's funny.

And posting a toasted cheese sandwich on your blog, while I'm on a diet, not that you knew, but I'll have to come kick your butt anyway. That wasn't even a sentence was it?

Sarah Louise said...

But it's only half a sandwich!!