Joey: Okay, my weirdest place would have to be... the women's room on the second floor of the New York City public library.
Monica: Oh my God! What were you doing in a library?
Phoebe: Oh! Rachel?
Rachel: Oh come on, I already went.
Monica: You did not go!
Everyone: Come on!
Rachel: Oh, alright. The weirdest place would have to be... oh, the foot of the bed.
Ross: Step back!
Joey: We have a winner!
So, it's been two years since my last confession...
- I never saw Titanic in the theatre, but I now own it on video and love it. I keep thinking there's gotta be some way that Leo could live...
- I love country music. I have both Pittsburgh stations on my radio "favorites" (What are they called?)
- I do not follow world politics unless it's about Poland or my dad has emailed it to me from the NYTimes. (This, from a girl who set foot in 22 countries by the age 22)
- I blog obsessively and constantly check my faves to see if they've updated. I check my email hourly when at work. Um, that's both email accounts. If I'm bored, I check my gmail account, where pubyac emails go to die.
- I loved 90210 and Dawson's Creek. I would love love love to get the last episode of 90210 on DVD.
- I actually own books that are the professional equivelant of "fan fiction" for the aforementioned two shows. I actually special ordered the Dawson's Creek ones.
- I have never finished The Brothers Karamasov. I doubt I ever will.
- When I'm broke, I think about the yellow diamond (which I've only seen once) that languishes somewhere in my parent's safe deposit box. It was given to me by my Great Aunt Mildred. I think it would pay for some nice things or pay off a debt (which is probably why my mother always evades my questions on the subject of the ring)
- I thought such heinous thoughts about my Nancy Drew collection, which was built by my aunts' (different aunts) hard toiling at yard sales. (Solution: I donated it to the Pitt's Library's Children's Room)
- My main motivation for going to library conferences: indoor pools.
- At my library, staff do not acrue fines. I renew my books to the hilt and currently somewhere in my apartment is a Dean Koontz book I catalogued back in December. (and I haven't gotten past page 5)
- I have never read the Handmaid's Tale. I have never read Chaucer. I hated the Kite Runner.
- I google myself about once a month.
- I am a bit xenophobic. I like Pittsburgh because all the hairdressers speak English.
- I shop at Walmart. (Forgive me, Babelbabe!)
- Friends character I am most like: Monica. I am such a people-pleaser that I have censored this b/c I don't want to offend people (people=Babelbabe)
- The other day, when I told my mom all my dishes were clean, I didn't tell her that I didn't do them.
- I voted for Clinton twice. I voted for Bush twice.
Oh, that's enough. I cringe as I hit "publish post."
Which is actually not the point.
A song of ascents.
1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
2 O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.
3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness;
therefore you are feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.
7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
for with the LORD is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.
8 He himself will redeem Israel
from all their sins.
I just figured it out: this is not a list of things I'm confessing to purge from my life. These are "dark secrets" that I haven't disclosed and some of them I harbor secretly with pride. Yes, I really am screwed up. Oh well. I refer to the text of a card I purchased in college: "I'm glad you like me. (inside) I'm too weird for anyone else."
- I often buy cards that I like and mail them to myself. I just bought some cards for my friend Lorelei who I'll be seeing in a week. I hope she mails me some...
And I obsess about my blog entries. This one, which will probably take you 5 minutes to scan, took me over an hour to write not including my research as I visited Kim, Blackbird, Babelbabe, and Joke. And it would take longer if I linked it up, which I am tempted to do but I am stopping, NOW!