Friday, March 03, 2006

Another reason to love the Golden Globes...

They are on FOX, a channel I get. The Oscars are on ABC, a channel I do not.

And that is all. Oh, you want a link? Oh, alright, go to Oscars.com.

And it is ridiculous to think of taping the Oscars--I mean I'm sure Jon Stewart will be funny, but why tape it when the results will be on the radio, in the paper, and on the 'net by the next morning (or sooner)?

That is all.

Besides, how can I support an organization that does not think Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire merits a mention except for "Art Direction"? And Walk the Line is not up for Best Picture? Who are these people, the Academy? I like the Hollywood Foreign Press much much better.

And that is all.

Narnia got three nominations: Visual Effects, Sound Mixing, and Make-up. C'mon!!

Now, this may be a DC thing (as in the city, our nation's capitol), but when I went to see Harry Potter and when I went to see Narnia, the audience applauded at the end, the movies were THAT good. It reminded me of when you fly from or to Europe with a plane that is mostly not Americans. At touchdown, the passengers applaud. I miss that. I somehow don't think the passengers will applaud when I touch down to Boston in less than 20 days!!!

Movies I want to see eventually:

Transamerica
The Constant Gardener
Murderball (documentary)
Pride and Predudice
Mrs. Henderson Presents (b/c it has Judi Dench--I know nothing else about it.)

I suppose I want to see Brokeback Mountain, since it's been so hyped up, (and I love Michelle Williams and Heath Ledger, who apparently now love each other, aww!) but I still haven't seen Casablanca, The Crying Game, Boys Don't Cry or The African Queen.

So many movies, so little time...tonight I'm finally going to watch Must Love Dogs, which btw, did not get nominated for a single award. There should be an award just for being a John Cusack film. (And the award for the John Cusack film goes to..."Must Love Dogs!" What a complete surprise! Mr. Cusack, are you here?)

That really truly is, all.

2 comments:

Joke said...

You simply MUST see this:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/brokebackfuture

That is all.

-J.

Katy said...

Why, I wonder, did this just pop up on my Google Reader as something that you posted this morning? And was unread? It had an eerie, I'm reading this a year too late feeling, and whaddya know, I am.

Did you update it today?