Thursday, March 02, 2006

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.

(Charles Schultz)







Okay, so I totally forgot it was Show and Tell day, but I took a page from Babelbabe's book (which I was already doing anyways--she and I are often on the same page, oh that librarian wit, sometimes I just crack myself up!!) and googled quotes on calendars. The quote that is the title won because I am hoping to get more Australian readers, but it ran a close first to the second choice, "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times." I really need to read that book again. (But which edition? Likely the one we have at work, for free, no less. Being a librarian is fab-u!)

Okay, so I'm a little punchy this morning. I don't care--I really don't. I have realized that being 34 sucks for one more reason: I am too tired to be one of the last people out. I managed to stay at BJ's until 10:30 last night but then I just had to come home and crawl into bed. (Where I read Today's Christian Woman from cover to cover. )

So, my calendar. I am too tired to switch the pictures. I took them in the opposite order as they appear. I have always had a love/hate relationship with my calendars but I must say that this year it's love/love. I have decided that a PDA is just not for me. I am too much a pen and paper person. I got this one at Borders at half off (it's really the only way to go--why pay full price, but you don't want to wait until they're at 75% or $1.00 because by that time you've been without a calendar too long.)

Why I like my calendar:

  • It continues the shoe pattern (pink sneakers, red boots...I see a trend...)
  • People do not picture that the quiet librarian would have RED high button boots on her calendar.
  • It has an elastic band to keep it closed and a pocket in the back for a removable address book. I used to keep everyone's number with me until I got a cell phone and now I'm lazy, the main peeps are in there. But my address book does have important numbers like Borders North Hills, (where I bought the calendar), Barnes & Noble Waterworks, my landlord's address, the guy whose DVD player I'm buying before he moves to Nottingham, and the library that is on the way to work.)

You can see that I use initials a lot. So CD is my therapist, Kim, is well, Kim, WBS is Women's Bible Study, and yes, I took snack, it was banana walnut pound cake from Whole Foods. Yes, also that day was Mom's birthday. MGOL is Mother Goose on the Loose, the Wednesday storytime I do for 6mos to 24 mos. Yesterday I had the darlingest 4 mos. old, Alyssa. She was SOO CUTE!! UP is Union Project, JF is a co-worker, and TSE is This Side of Eve, who is playing, as you can see, Saturday night, with Bill Malonnee. Be there or be square, 8:30 at the UP! (Yes, I know my calendar says 8:45, but John said 8:30 when he announced it Sunday at the OD, so...it's always cool to hang out with the peeps anyways.)

And where I got using the word peeps all of a sudden? Blame my sister and a shirt I saw at K-mart last week. I don't remember what it said but it was covered with baby chicks and very cute!

The page-a-day is "Fabulous Broads" and my first source for great quotes. It rarely shows the actual day--if the quote is good, I keep it up until the next day there's a decent one. Yesterday's has been up since Sunday at least: "In the beginning there was nothing. God said, "Let there be light!" and there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a lot better." (Ellen DeGeneres.)

Okay, it's 10:32 and I need to get dressed etc. I had eggplant parmesan with pasta for breakfast (thanks Val and Nate!) and I have (as you can see on my calendar) a eye doctor appointment at 11:15. The contacts are doing well, thanks for asking. I get a lot of "Did you get a hair cut" comments, which I actually did, last week.

Enough procrastination, time to move on out. So go, and live well (I am so full of it this morning.)

Show and Tell, courtesy of Blackbird.

3 comments:

mathomhouse said...

My kind of calendars.

One Halloween some years ago, I dressed as Library Spice ("Tell me what you want to read, really want to read"). Glad to stand some of those stereotypes on end!

blackbird said...

Love your calander.

And your breakfast.

halloweenlover said...

Funky calendar!!! I looked for one of those cute small carry around calendars and could never find a very cute one. I'm very jealous.