Sunday, December 19, 2021

"I am still learning"

 (Leonardo da Vinci)


I had this on my bathroom mirror for 20 years. I cling to it, especially at times like these.


I had a ehhh 2nd date last night. After which, I made a point of driving around my neighborhood and looking at the lights. 


Tips for men: if you are walking somewhere, especially for a long time, (2 miles?) walk together. 


We just didn't share the same values. I am much more cautious about Covid (it weeds them out!) and when he talked about extended family it wasn't with tenderness. 


These are things that are not anyone's "fault," they just are. And we're in our fifties, not much is going to change. Our personalities are pretty set. I have to date differently than if I was 25. 


My mother called me and asked me to give him a chance for a 3rd date after I had already sent the "Dear John" text. She shared some of her experience, and I shared mine. We were in concert by the end of the call, always a good outcome. 


I think I'm going to start a notebook. Where I take notes on each guy. It's too easy to just swipe, swipe, swipe, and when I hit the "Like" on Match and have to write something, my mind goes...blank. (Insert gif of Meg Ryan from that movie about bookstores and Tom Hanks.) 


I got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Today we celebrate my brother's last day of being 39, which is to say, he turns 39 on Monday. What a joy. 



No comments: