Monday, December 20, 2021

I am still learning (pt 2)

Okay, here goes. I don't have therapy this week, so I can't talk it over with her. 


Dear (you know your name), 


I was very disappointed at the end of our second date. This seems to be a trend for me, but is unusual to me because since I date so infrequently, I'm pretty selective and only do first dates that become relationships every 5-7 years.


I fell asleep during the movie. I guess you did ask if I didn't like it. I said long day, dark room, which was true. 


We walked for about 30 minutes and the whole time we barely talked, we weren't even walking in concert. 


Ugh. Okay. Your family ran a bookstore mission in West Africa and you thought people needed more life things than pamphlets. It's taken me a day to process that I agree with your disappointment there. 


You've seen a lot of movies during Covid. I guess with social distancing etc that's not horrible. You pointed out that I was more careful. Well, I work in the public and I was living with my parents who were in their late 70s. 


You tried to correlate my love for my young niece/nephew with the fact that I'm a children's librarian? That didn't even make sense! They are my family. 


You didn't seem thrilled about your own family--I kind of want to be with someone who likes their family, but I guess you get what you get and I'm incredibly lucky to have a great family. 


You wanted to split a $12 taxi fare? really? 


You parked in the garage. How bourgeoisies. I was so proud of finding a spot on the street. (Hunting for it did eat up time, but it was time I had to spend.)


I don't know. I just didn't feel like I liked you enough that we could be friends. Anyways, I'm not dating the next two weekends anyways. (Christmas/New Years.) 


Oh, your comment about (redacted) made me think I didn't want to share eventually that I have mental health issues. 


But clearly you have gotten under my skin, so stay tuned. 

No comments: