Saturday, October 20, 2007

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness...

Darn that James! (James 1:1-3, ESV)

Sometimes I'm super clued in. Oh, I'm sleeping more, am I depressed? Oh, I'm sleeping less, am I bordering on hypo-mania?

Sometimes I am dumb as a doornail. Like today. It took reading Caro's post and comments to realize that generally I would laugh at these misfortunes, as we all do, knowing that they are funny once shared, that sharing them makes them funny.

So let's review: (oh, this is too depressing. I've edited it for humor.)


  • 1 car, totalled. (Thank you, full coverage.)
  • 1 car which must be found and procured (draw me a treasure map, someone PLEASE, x marks the spot...)
  • 1 woman who thinks 42 is YOUNG but 36 is old (guess how old I'll be on my birthday?)
  • 1 allergic-to-dust woman (You could totally write a novel on the tops of my bookcases, using your fingertips)
  • 1 full sink. I need a dishwasher. And a maid. Or a wife. MOMMY!

(The list goes on. But honestly, it's too depressing.)

(And yes, I know I am über-lucky. But a gal has to vent...)

Hopefully something here has made you smile. I am so ready to just throw in the towel and go home early. But I need the hours. So I guess I'll go slap some security tags on some DVDs and try to review some series and oh, import two records...I think I'll go over and play that Wilco song Babs put up. (Did I mention: 1 home computer with sound issues?)

*******

So the update: the song on Babs' site didn't do the trick and THEN, I thought, well, Christmas with "Hey Ya" Charlie Brown will do the trick and I get "this video is no longer available."

Hitting my head against wall--ouch!

The security tags were already on, I don't understand the first note, but I did import two records!! 30 mins to go...

4 comments:

Mig said...

Double Ugh on the car getting totaled. May a new one come your way soon! ;-)

KitchenKiki said...

Well, when you need some mom wisdom and your mom is busy passing it on to little elementarians, you can get it all a few minutes visit:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WsSuvUveUWo

KitchenKiki said...

urgh, click no work.

KitchenKiki said...

try this one
momsense