Sunday, August 05, 2007

friends n'at

(S)he drew a
circle that
shut me out--
Heretic, rebel,
a thing to
flout.

But Love and I
had the wit to
win
We drew a
circle that
took her in!

("Outwitted" by Edwin Markham)

Well, I still haven't figured out a circle to draw Lilly back in, and perhaps we won't be as close as we were...I don't know. I'm not ready to fight that battle right now. My fighting gloves are off.

**********
Watched the end of "My life as a teenage drama queen" last night on ABC.

I love the lyrics to the last song:

That girl was a one time teenage drama queen
A hot, tough everyday wannabe...but she'll have changed her destiny.. now she's a somebody.
That girl was a wild child dreamer but she found herself.
Cuz she believes in nothin else and you'll look back
and you wont believe that girl was me.

Geez, maybe I should rename this blog Pink Sneakers and Lyrics I love. Well, but music is a thing with me. Good thing I'm dating a piano player...

2 comments:

Badger said...

Dude! I did this in November, remember? (hee!) With the song lyrics? I'll probably do it this November, too.

Sarah Louise said...

Oh yes, you did! I wonder what I'll do in November...