Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Blechhhh....

So I'm here, with my Fruit Punch Gatorade, and a bowl of plain yogurt laced with cinnamon.

I wonder why they don't sell that in the stores? You see lemon yogurt, but never cinnamon.

My stomach has been giving me troubles. Last Monday after lunch, this Monday after lunch, Tuesday after dinner, and this morning when I woke up.

I even left work early (me the girl who has been trying to work extra to get rid of the negative comp time!!). I hated to leave Dee (who is the female equivalent of Mr. Rogers, she is such a sweetie) at the helm in the children's dept. by herself, but I was exhausted.

I slept from 8-10 (got up to take my bedtime meds) and went back to sleep.

I'm NOT getting my car inspected today, that will wait til tomorrow.

Generally, every summer, I have a blackout moment. Not that I blackout, per se, but that life becomes completely overwhelming and I have to step back. Last year it was two weeks off in August. This year, I am doing my darndest to hold on for dear life until Monday when I go with Kelly S. to Sandcastle. To August 20, when I go on vackay with the folks and the sibs to the Lake.

Saturday is the last official day of Summer Reading. I still have the Stuffed Animal Sleepover to plan and do. I'm not so worried about that.

But I wasn't planning on Janice having her baby early.

And I wasn't planning on Emily still not getting back to me.

And when I concieved MY plan of this summer, it wasn't of dating the guy on the first floor. After ten years of not dating. (I went on dates, but this is a RELATIONSHIP.)

NH Sally goes on vackay tomorrow, for a week. Thankfully Kelly (not Kelly S.) is back! And I'll see her tonight!

This morning, tearful, I dialed the house at Nut Street and Dad answered. He is a sweet sweet man, and he just listened to me. He told me about his trip home from Hartford, CT. He took like four commuter trains (Hartford to New Haven, New Haven to NYC, NYC to Philly, and then took an Amtrak to DC.) (But he could have taken a commuter from Philly to Newark, DE, then one to Baltimore, then another one to the DC Metro system.) It's his Dutch upbringing. My father, who owns a home in Falls Church, VA, who has entertained foreign dignitaries and lived and traveled in style all over the world, paid $4 here, and $9 there to criss cross the East Coast. I told him that sounds like something Max would do. It's definately something my brother would do.

I'll get through this. My car will get inspected at my neighborhood Midas tomorrow. If Lilly never talks to me again (yes, we're in a stonewall at the moment, too) and if Emily doesn't come back, and even if...the sky falls, I'll be okay.

When I was in the depths of the depression nine years ago (NINE YEARS!!) a friend sent me a card that I did not appreciate. But I can say it makes me laugh now. "Sorry that life is sucky. Hopefully soon it will be ducky." (And the graphic was of a rubber ducky.)

Off to clean off the grime of another hot hot summer day...

2 comments:

KitchenKiki said...

blechh back at ya

Sending Hugs!

Sarah Louise said...

Kiki,

sending hugs back!!!

SL