Friday, February 01, 2008

Are ya wearing red?

Today is National Wear Red day, the cheerful reason being that heart disease is the #1 killer of women. I think it used to be Wear a Red Dress day, but maybe someone realized that men might want to participate or that women wear less dresses now than in the past. And they can't use a red ribbon, because that was how the ribbon wearing thing started, with the red ribbons for AIDS.

I have a lovely red sweater that has been waiting patiently in the basement, dry now, after being washed. I don't think it really matches the turtleneck I'll be wearing, but the fashion police don't really take trips to my library very often. (Or ever, I guess.)

I'll be writing another installment of "This electronic life" on why email can be a really bad idea sometimes, but I need to tie up some loose ends and eat crow. Or humble pie.

from the WOH devotional:

Dear Lord, if today is a good day, hold me tight lest I grow lazy; if today is a bad day, hold me tight lest I grow faint of heart. For Jesus' sake, Amen.

No comments: