Monday, January 01, 2007

She's a brick house (Lionel Richie) or Sarah Louise live-blogs as she watches morning television on the first day of the new year...

Not the song I would use to send us off into the New Year--I would have chosen something like "Dancing on the Ceiling."

Yes, I'm watching the Today show, can you tell? I fell asleep to Garrison Keillor (on PBS) and woke up to Clifford. Apparently now they have live action people that let you know that the next cartoon show is Dragontales. I suppose I should add the Clifford website to the list I maintain for the library's kids page...

I went to two parties. The guy who has been so helpful with my car and his wife had a party and I like them, so I went there first. I gave them some of the ginger ale my dad (Santa) gave me--a case of Dominion Ginger Ale. (I only took a six pack to B.) Fun was had by all. I wasn't drinking anything stronger than Coke, as I had Tylenol earlier for a monster headache and all my nurse/med student friends will tell me that that's going to kill my liver. (I can't take Advil, folks!) On the way home, I went to the Creasy's and increased the librarian population at the party to two. K said, "when did you come in?" and I said, "I'm a librarian, I'm quiet." Abraham came in just as I was leaving--he's going to Russia in February!! I told him, remember, there's no cow in Moscow.

So far none of my regulars has posted this morning except for Adrian, who posted at 2:48. I think I was asleep by then...he talked about how he dreads NYE (I'd never heard that acronym before) and big parties and the passing of time. He talked about ambition...and it made me realize how much I've mellowed in the past year.

I'm really happy where I am. I know eventually I'll get to the place where I'm no longer renting, living in a third floor walk up, but right now I want to spend the next six months getting ready to tackle the MFA admission application. I'll be taking contributions to the "Send Sarah Louise to grad school" fund in my paypal account...

Oooh, Ellen's on! She's spoofing infomercials today. She just cut a can with a Ginsu knife. Ooh, and Charlie Sheen is up next...drat, he's dating someone named Brooke. Well, I didn't want to move to California anyways...

So for today, I'll be finishing up the year end post (it gets more complex, the longer I work on it) and going to see Night at the Museum. I'll also be unpacking and cleaning, instead of going to IKEA--oh but how I want to...

Oh, and send all your suggestions for Show and Tell...I'll have a topic up tomorrow.

That is all.

I think...

Yes, that is all, for now...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

6 comments:

Badger said...

Happy New Year, SL!

You are much too good for the likes of Charlie Sheen.

And hey! I am taking the kids to that movie tomorrow! I heard it was really good.

And I am going to IKEA on Thursday! I haven't been yet. They just opened one here in November, I think it was. I'm meeting my parents there for lunch and shopping - whee!

Anonymous said...

i want to go to ikea. dh took the kids and didn't buy a thing cos the lines were long :(
do you have pbskids.org on your library kids list? my kids LOVE that site, clifford is a BIG deal here too??
i still want to see night at the museum....
no posts on my blog today, maybe later ;)
i can always vent about how blogspot won't let me log in and reply to posts!!

Sarah Louise said...

So here's the news on Night at the Museum--the preview for Spiderman is DARK. There was a point where I was *yawn* getting ready to leave the movie but it got better and was so amazing. Stay for at least the first bit of credits, you get two bonus shots.

hth, SL

Caro said...

You didn't want to move to CA?

I am crushed.

Anonymous said...

Went to see the museum show today with the fam. I thought it was cute.

Amy A.

Sarah Louise said...

C--

Sorry, I like Pgh too much. But for the right man, I might move to the moon...but I'll visit you someday, okay?

SL