Friday, January 19, 2007

What we are all doing, People of the Year, 2006: A note of gratitude

I just put a thank you note on Paula'a photo blog. Because the beauty she captures enriches me. I don't know if people are thankful for this blog, but I know I am very thankful for other people's blogs. Some, because it connects me to a person I already know. Some, because it connects me to new ideas, or new books (or music). Some, because it helps me get to know a person I someday hope to meet. Most (all) because at one time or other, they've posted something that gave me a wonderful laugh. Most (all) because they make me think about life.

Before blogs, I never knew that graham crackers didn't exist in Australia. I didn't think about other people's insomnia (most blogs have a time stamp). I am learning a lot about having kids and husbands just by reading most blogs and realizing that I'm not the only one who thinks she's perfect but isn't. I am daily introduced to obscure studies and minutia, and I am grateful for it all.

In the moments when I can't face checking another Dewey Decimal number or figuring out if it matters if a publication date is different in the record and in our copy, in moments when the voices of two year olds twenty feet away pierce my (ha!) inner calm, I come to you, dear friends, for a moment of peace, laughter, or thoughts. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

So here's to us, People of the year, 2006! May we continue to egg each other on in this Web 2.0 life. I hope to see you on the flip side.

(I thought about linking this up, since according to Jessamyn it's just a journal not a weblog if you don't have links, but then I thought I'd rather be mysterious.) (Well, I gave it two links, Jess!!) (I guess I should link Paula, too...)

Signed,

Your friend in blogging,

Sarah Louise

6 comments:

Paula said...

I can say I am thankful for your blog SL. You are kind and sweet. I have often wondered since I started blogging and reading blogs can blogging lead to world peace? I know that sounds silly but I really do wonder.

And how sad not to have graham crackers!

Amy A. said...

You are a blessing to many, SL.

I love coming to visit you.

Anonymous said...

the world should have graham crackers. they are fantastic. it was terrible when we lived in england in 98 and there were none there either :-(
and i love your blog and am thrilled it is here. i found you and have discovered loads of other fantastic ppl who all seem to know SL! :-)

Caro said...

I am perfect. Other people only think they are. :P

No graham cracker crusts for pie? Unthinkable.

Jessamyn said...

I feel like I link less and less lately, but don't feel like you have to add adfter the fact links to make it bloggy :)

Sarah Louise said...

Ladies and Gents, it's the woman who inspired me to finally start my own blog! WOW!

How cool is that, esp. on the s.l.o.w.e.s.t email day ever?!

Thanks Jess!