Thursday, January 11, 2007

I can spend hours in a grocery store. I get so excited when I see food, I go crazy.

I spend hours arranging my baskets so that everything fits in and nothing gets squashed. (Cameron Diaz)

For years, I have been wondering why no one has ever thought of this:

The Giant Eagle at Shakespeare Street!

I mean, as a singleton, I often go in thinking I'm just going to pick up a carton of milk and then I decide midway to pick up some yogurt, and there happens to be a sale and then I'm stuck with a carton of milk and six cups of yogurt, with no cart. Someone was thinking here--it's multi-functional, because not only do you have carts near the tiny cups of yogurt I couldn't carry in my arms alone, you also have a sign reminding you that milk is now around the corner. I remember when this GE had an Iggle Video. Sigh.

And, not being one to usually take pictures in stores, this made me think of Blackbird, who is forever showing us pictures of stores.

Show and Tell: A very useful thing.

12 comments:

Paula said...

Very useful indeed.

I'm up...

Amy said...

My Giant now has these smaller sized two-level carts that are PERFECT!! I shop about once a week (sometimes with a quick stop for milk mid-week) and I don't need the HUGE carton that I can barely reach the bottom of, so this cart is perfect!! When I used to get a basket, I'd end up with a gallon of milk and various other acroutrements and then I'd have cat litter in one hand and laundry detergent in another and couldn't begin to carry it all!

Sarah Louise said...

The Whole Foods here has these darling double decker carts--it basically is a holder for two of the hand held carts and now I use them all the time even if I'm just going in for one or two items because I'm less likely to bump into someone...maybe I'll try to take a picture of those.

Julie said...

That is awesome.
I haven't been to a Giant in forever.

We have Shaws up here in MA.

Thanks for Delurking!

Caro said...

Sorry about your bad hair day yesterday.

I have those everyday.

Sometimes I grab those little baskets in the store so I won't grab more than I need.

Those big carts tend to get filled when I'm pushing them.

celestial opus said...

Wheeee!!! Show and Tell!

And you are so right, I love those things. I do belive we are having identical shopping experiences miles apart.

I have a rule to not get a cart due to not being able to carry it home, however when there aren't any baskets I get really peeved.

Sarah Louise said...

bad hair is actually code for it was one of the worst days in at least a month...it just sounds more "Sarah Louise" to say "bad hair day." (Or maybe I just don't feel like being so naked today...)

~ej said...

i had a bad hair day yesterday too, but it pulled together in the end. am just posting my S&T now.

Amy A. said...

I'm sorry. I totally missed show and tell. I'll catch you next week.

That is smart, though. Keeping some baskets in the back like that.

Sarah Louise said...

A--

So the camper wasn't a show and tell?

SL

lazy cow said...

I'm a terrible shopping cart packer. My bread is always a squashed mess by the time I get to the checkout!

~ej said...

oh and i always get a cart, but i'm that kinda freaky chica!