Friday, May 11, 2007

Mary, Mary, how contrary, how does your garden grow?

Tulips are gone now. I've been considering flowers on the edge, not sure if it's a "notify the landlord" issue, since he's the one that mows the lawn. But I didn't ask him about the six or so tulips I planted when I was in Library School that still bloom yearly.

I'm quite contrary, actually. Bored. I should be on the open road, listening to an audio of a Maisie Dobbs mystery, ready to reunite with my mother and father. Instead, I slept all morning, and went to McD's for lunch, picked up some things in Oakland (yes, I had a blood test--my Dr. doubts that my cold is related to the Tegretol increase, but he humored hypochondriac me.) So I guess I actually picked up some things (more ovulation wands--see my other blog) and dropped others off (a few vials of blood). Anywho. I went to Walgreens and dropped some cash on new toothbrushes and Zicam. I didn't know there was a swab kind--the Cold Eeze lozenges strictly forbid an empty stomach and no citrus within a half hour. The nose swabs don't come with this warning, woo hoo! So I also bought V-8 and OJ. I considered going to the library but decided against it. Which is a good thing, since by then it was early rush hour. (I forget about stuff like that.)

So I'm home, and I think I might actually try for another nap. Yes, at 5pm, Sarah Louise is considering an evening snooze. Well, I had lunch around 2pm, and hunger seems to have been cut off due to the cold, so I'll wake up around 7 and eat something...

Did I mention how much I abhor colds? I do. But hey, at Walgreens I got a Coke slush drink, so I guess this day hasn't been ALL bad.

2 comments:

Caro said...

V8 sounds delicious.

I don't think I ovulate much anymore. It's pretty much a solid month of PMS.

Sarah Louise said...

Well I just found an "ovulation calculator" and looks like I have a while--maybe. It's time to do some counting...