Wednesday, May 23, 2007

and this post is called too tired to sleep...

Whine and Cheese...

Yes, I'm thirty-five. And single. And pretty much happy about both those things, except when I'm in a room with twelve women who are either: married, new mothers, younger than me, or engaged and about to be married in 48 hours, 72 hours, or two months. The main reason I went to this party was that I had so much fun Monday. But women-only parties can be such a drag...

We made wedding dresses from toilet paper (my first time) and bouquets that might be used not in the wedding but as decor. I left before the "advice for the new bride" started flowing.

Which was around 10:15 pm. (Remember I worked a 12 hour day yesterday.)

But the day did have its pleasures: lunch at the Sesame Inn with Marian and a box from Kiki with a teacup that I think probably was my Granny's. Also a saucer, and two mugs she made.

I just finished off the guacamole that was for the party Saturday (yes, it has been in the fridge) and have been watching some Season Two SATC.

It's midnight plus a few minutes. Hopefully soon I'll nod off.

3 comments:

KitchenKiki said...

Yes the tea cup & saucer were Granny's. The mugs were a little on the small side (I keep forgetting about kiln shrinkage!) I hope you like them. I tried to include a little pink in the glazes. I think I used "Texture Misty" with "Texture Burgundy" and "Texture Misty" with "Dusty Rose"
Use them in good health! Ok, you can use them if you aren't feeling well, hopefully they will make you feel better. :)

Sarah Louise said...

I love the mugs. The handles are WONDERFUL.

KitchenKiki said...

yay :)

say hi to chirp & the big guy for me!

I've got to continue cleaning and start cooking for round one.